2017 Tournament Schedule

Register for FREE to Use our Offshore Fishing Resources
Select State -
Staff Online:Instant Message Site Admin Capt_John_CFind all forum posts by Capt_John_CCapt_John_C
2017 Tournament Schedule
2017 Tournament Schedule
2017 Tournament Schedule
January 16, 2017 9:20 pm EST
Wind Dir: NE (50°)
Wind Speed: 12 knots
Wind Gust: 16 knots
AT Ps: 30.32 in (1026.8 mb)
Air Temp: 65°F (18.3°C)
Dew Point: 60°F (15.8°C)
Water Temp: 70°F (21.3°C)

2017 Tournament Schedule
There are currently 816 Guests and 96 Members online NOW!
VA - 1 , NC - 78 , SC - 4 , GA - 1 , WFL - 2 , SFL - 1 , AL - 1 , TX - 1 ,

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch  SearchNew Forum Posts 

2017 Tournament Schedule

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SaltwaterCentral.Com Forum Index -> On The Hill
WarrenG
1st Mate
1st Mate

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 10:12 am    Post subject: 2017 Tournament Schedule Reply with quote

I started looking at the tourneys for 2017, for me, mainly King tournaments. My questions to the competitors on the board are: 1) What tourney is the best spend for the dollar? and 2) IF you had 3 tournaments you could fish what would they be and how would you rank them....1,2,3???

steamer
Ol'Salt
Ol'Salt

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you in Oak Island?

steamer
Ol'Salt
Ol'Salt

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mid June, Jolly Mon OIB (great first event)
7/9 East Coast Got Em On out of Carolina Beach
8/6 SHARE KMT out of Wrightsville
9/17 South Brunswick Islands KMT
9/28 Shallote Point KMT
10/8 US Open

Fish in your backyard and you will do well.

Have fun!

Last edited by steamer on Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:30 am; edited 1 time in total
Back-Lash
Ol'Salt
Ol'Salt

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the South Brunswick and Shallote Point ???? Brand new Tournaments , with a Tournament Director that lives in Georgia , with the SKA kicking out the Jolly Mon and Fall Brawl and Rumble in the Jungle ,,,, they wont have 20 boats
####2016 #1 SKA Division 9 Single Engine ###
####1 SKA Division 9 Senior Angler
### 2015 SKA National Champion
#3 2015 & 2014 SKA Division 9
300 4 stroke Yamaha Powered 23ft Contender
American Heart Association , USCG

werewolf0711
Ol'Salt
Ol'Salt

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Depending on where you are located. US Open is by far best bang for your money. Easily can rack up big money in that one. If your in the wb or cb area I would also add the got em on and share. If your in the Southport or south area the. It's the jolly mon, fall brawl and you can throw in the rumble in the jungle as well

Team Kraken
JB Custom Rods
Check US out on Facebook!
McAttacK Fishing Team

www.mcattackfishing.com

wavescrash
Ol'Salt
Ol'Salt

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What in the world? Jolly Mon, Fall Brawl and Rumble in the Jungle are no longer SKA events and US Open is and added two new random events at Inlet View two weekends in a row? Something fishy going on there, no pun intended. That's weird.

I'm going to have to ask Brant about that next time I see him.

If it was me I'd fish US Open, the Got-Em-On, and go to the Captain's meetings of the others in Brunswick county to see how many people are entering.

STICK-SLINGER
Ol'Salt
Ol'Salt

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Inlet view will be interesting... Very shallow and the tide rips in there at low.. That will be interesting to see..

werewolf0711
Ol'Salt
Ol'Salt

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wavescrash wrote:
What in the world? Jolly Mon, Fall Brawl and Rumble in the Jungle are no longer SKA events and US Open is and added two new random events at Inlet View two weekends in a row? Something fishy going on there, no pun intended. That's weird.

If it was me I'd fish US Open, the Got-Em-On, and go to the Captain's meetings of the others in Brunswick county to see how many people are entering.

Mercury bought ska. They have decided it's best to drop any tournament associated with Yamaha. At least that's the word rolling around.

Team Kraken
JB Custom Rods
McAttacK Fishing Team

www.mcattackfishing.com

wavescrash
Ol'Salt
Ol'Salt

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

werewolf0711 wrote:
wavescrash wrote:

Mercury bought ska. They have decided it's best to drop any tournament associated with Yamaha. At least that's the word rolling around.

That would explain it. It would be incredibly stupid, but that would explain it.

kicker30
Ol'Salt
Ol'Salt

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 3:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So what's the deal with US Open being a Div 1 tournament too? And with Nationals being at least 450 miles away from all but 1 regular season tournament?  
AB1620
Ol'Salt
Ol'Salt

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, what about Sneads Ferry? They've been a staple for years as well.  
werewolf0711
Ol'Salt
Ol'Salt

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AB1620 wrote:
Also, what about Sneads Ferry? They've been a staple for years as well.

It was said that they sent there agreement in but SKA did not receive so they resent it in. Still waiting. Got Em On is on the list as of now but they are securing their yamaha deal which in theory may push them off the list as well.

kicker30 wrote:
So what's the deal with US Open being a Div 1 tournament too? And with Nationals being at least 450 miles away from all but 1 regular season tournament?

It's like the same thing as the rumble in the jungle. Being the location of the tournament and how many from those areas fish it. Lots of Division 1 boats fish the open. This gives then an opportunity, Although it really doesn't matter much. I would have rather seen them leave the schedule as it was then to change everything and add the open. The Open should also count for division 3 boats IMO as well.

wavescrash wrote:
werewolf0711 wrote:
wavescrash wrote:

That would explain it. It would be incredibly stupid, but that would explain it.

Stupid ain't even the word. By the talk if they don't change things by the start of the season for us then I think it's safe to say SKA is going to be on it's way out.

Team Kraken
JB Custom Rods
McAttacK Fishing Team

www.mcattackfishing.com

wavescrash
Ol'Salt
Ol'Salt

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I mean we've already seen how having a professional tournament promoter works back when Blue Water Promotions and Terry what'shisname bought up all those tournaments and then folded.  
WarrenG
1st Mate
1st Mate

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm, looks like I started a pretty good discussion. By the way, I am at Oak Island. The US Open is a no brainer for me. I enjoyed the fall brawl last year. Until some of this is hashed out my second and third tournament looks to be up in the air.

kicker30
Ol'Salt
Ol'Salt

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WarrenG wrote:
Hmmm, looks like I started a pretty good discussion. By the way, I am at Oak Island. The US Open is a no brainer for me. I enjoyed the fall brawl last year. Until some of this is hashed out my second and third tournament looks to be up in the air.

You absolutely did. And back to your original topic, if your wanting to just fish some tournaments and don't care about SKA then I would venture to think go with the ones that aren't SKA events. Sure the field may not be as big nor the pot as rich but that could mean a better shot at a larger piece of it. SKA guys may skip some of those due to already fishing the others thus eliminating some of the competition. And before someone says something about this being the definition of lowering standards, I beg to disagree, I see it as managing the odds to place onseself in the best position for a payout.

steamer
Ol'Salt
Ol'Salt

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kicker30 wrote:
WarrenG wrote:

You absolutely did. And back to your original topic, if your wanting to just fish some tournaments and don't care about SKA then I would venture to think go with the ones that aren't SKA events. Sure the field may not be as big nor the pot as rich but that could mean a better shot at a larger piece of it. SKA guys may skip some of those due to already fishing the others thus eliminating some of the competition. And before someone says something about this being the definition of lowering standards, I beg to disagree, I see it as managing the odds to place onseself in the best position for a payout.

Kicker is right, the SKA guys will not make some of the local tournaments if SKA isn't giving points. Also the schedule is packed with the MHC tournaments and the Swansboro 5/0.

STICK-SLINGER
Ol'Salt
Ol'Salt

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will not be surprised to see another series pop up out of this. I would imagine the OIFC, or someone else with the experience, could loop together 5-6 tournaments and call it something new and have a success. And yes, I remember the FLW and where are they now..
I look forward to see the new opportunities that come from this.. it will only be a matter of time..

Insure with the Best in the Business

Onslow Bay Boatworks

Custom Aluminum Marine Products

Full Service Fishing Tackle Dealer Serving Wilmington NC

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SaltwaterCentral.Com Forum Index -> On The Hill All times are GMT - 4 Hours

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: