Fisheries Economics of the U.S. - MUST READ

Register for FREE to Use our Offshore Fishing Resources
Select State -
Staff Online:Instant Message Site Admin Capt_DaveFind all forum posts by Capt_DaveCapt_DaveInstant Message Site Admin Capt_John_CFind all forum posts by Capt_John_CCapt_John_C
December 15, 2017 10:10 pm EST
Wind Dir: WNW (290°)
Wind Speed: 21 knots
Wind Gust: 29 knots
AT Ps: 30.06 in (1017.8 mb)
Air Temp: 60°F (15.4°C)
Dew Point: 45°F (7.4°C)
Water Temp: 68°F (19.8°C)

There are currently 518 Guests and 62 Members online NOW!

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch  SearchNew Forum Posts 

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SaltwaterCentral.Com Forum Index -> On The Hill
Capt_Dave
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:29 pm    Post subject: Fisheries Economics of the U.S. - MUST READ Reply with quote

Fisheries Economics of the U.S.

This is a MUST read from NOAA....
910-264-3973

Let\'s go kill something!
Carolina Beach Fishing Charters

Biscuit
Ol'Salt
Ol'Salt

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So what is your take on this captain Dave?
Seems to me that economic value of fishing (both commercial and recreational) is decreasing while the economic value of importing seafood is skyrocketing.
Are we doomed?
Biscuit

feeshnfinatic
Ol'Salt
Ol'Salt

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
So what is your take on this captain Dave?
Seems to me that economic value of fishing (both commercial and recreational) is decreasing while the economic value of importing seafood is skyrocketing.
Are we doomed?
Biscuit

The way NOAA continues to cook the books of statistics and the endless propaganda they use to convince John Q Public that all the fish stocks are dwindling to the point that soon there will be none left, yeah I think we are doomed unless we can replace a lot of the career, greedy, self serving, and bought and paid for by special interest polititicions in office and replace them with some that have common sense and the desire to serve the best interest of their constituents and our nation. When we get PEW, and EDF out of NOAA and out of our fisheries management and get some common sense in there we will have a chance.

Capt_Dave
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of the best comments i have ever heard on this site.

Dave
910-264-3973

feeshnfinatic
Ol'Salt
Ol'Salt

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks Capt. Dave, I appreciate all you do for us on this site. The information you post here is priceless! I really believe the key to saving our fisheries will be found at the polls, not by compromise and negotiation with the current govt. and fishery management. The majority of them are only interested in lining their own pockets at the expense of us all.

carolinaprincess
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the fisheries economic issue I would want to point out that noaa/nmfs is making a good mint off of the imported seafood. Something like, 18 cents a pound for imported seafood. Someone please correct me if I am wrong on that figure, I know it is somewhere in that range. There was a good scandal a few years back where these monies were being diverted by noaa to buy new cars and fund junkets overseas when the intent of these duties was intended for the enhancement of our domestic fisheries. So far as I know, no one who was involved in this diversion of funds has been demoted or fired........ (: So much for the status quo.
[/b]

carolinaprincess
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All of you on here, please kindly look at my post from September 2013.. You have to look very closely once again where these statistics come from, who, if any at all has vetted these numbers from outside of the federal presentation, and for the most forefront, what each and every one of us has observed in each and every one of the corners of our fisheries universe. Also let us remind ourselves that the US Government does not make a penny off of the commercially or recreationally caught fish brought out of our nation's waters outside of taxes on commercial income or in the case of the recreational sector the taxes you pay for your boats, tackle, food and board for wherever you choose to fish from. To brass tacks on this issue... You have to look closely at to the potential revenue that noaa is not getting for the harvest of the many fish within their jurisdiction. Rhetorical question... If you were a government entity sorely in need of further funding, how would you cook the books to make it look like it was necessary to impose further taxes on the stakeholders both recreational and commercial, ie: to impose further taxes on the fish that all of us land. Just look closely at the wording of the national offshore aquaculture act whereas the federal government claims ownership of everything from offshore of 3 to 200 miles offshore. This is nothing more than to set up the implementation of a strategy that was fomented in the mid to late 2000's to make us pay for every fish that we harvest from our offshore waters. Done under the radar and is being done in slow inclemently way that no one catches it until it too late. Buyer beware in this process, they do not even give you any k-y to help ease the strain of this process.... Could you ever imagine paying a "tax" to the government as to which you are supposed to be a part of for a fish you caught just to keep them tearing you down???? OMG:(  
RealFloridaFishing

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reading over posts on this thread dating back to 2013 really drives home how long NOAA has been pulling the same old tricks. It's a shame, too bad there's no "Fishermans NRA" to stand up to these people.

mconveyor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Real Florida you are right we need a National Fishermans Asso. As much as I hate to say there is power in Lobbying.,and that is what it takes.This idea can happen. Power in numbers. Thanks Rick  
Capt_Dave
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The RFA is a good group. They have Les the charge on a lot issues. If you have not you may want to have a look at them.

Dave
910-264-3973

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SaltwaterCentral.Com Forum Index -> On The Hill All times are GMT - 4 Hours

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: