Military Appreciation Day Morehead City 2018! - SaltwaterCentral.Com

Register for FREE to Use our Offshore Fishing Resources
Select State -»
Staff Online:Instant Message Site Admin Capt_DaveFind all forum posts by Capt_DaveCapt_Dave
June 18, 2018 7:10 pm EST
Wind Dir: SW (220°)
Wind Speed: 19 knots
Wind Gust: 23 knots
AT Ps: 30.02 in (1016.6 mb)
Air Temp: 81°F (27.2°C)
Dew Point: 76°F (24.7°C)
Water Temp: 81°F (27.3°C)

There are currently 586 Guests and 81 Members online NOW!

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch  SearchNew Forum Posts 

Military Appreciation Day Morehead City 2018!
 Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SaltwaterCentral.Com Forum Index -> On The Hill
AboutTime2Fish
Ol'Salt
Ol'Salt

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just got my June schedule and I have 1-2 June off. Just registered my boat! Now who do we contact for nice weather??

seapro180
Ol'Salt
Ol'Salt

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AboutTime2Fish wrote:
Just got my June schedule and I have 1-2 June off. Just registered my boat! Now who do we contact for nice weather??

G.O.D... start sending up prayers now and keep em goin daily!

Alikat
2nd Mate
2nd Mate

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks so much for signing up. We had our conference call last night and we are around 500 troops signed up. This is shaping up to be a great event for our hero’s and their families. We still need more boat volunteers to cover everyone. And yes great weather will be much appreciated. Maybe all the bad weather we’ Having will be rewarded with a picture June 2nd Saturday.

ScottK
Ol'Salt
Ol'Salt

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

seapro180 wrote:
AboutTime2Fish wrote:

G.O.D... start sending up prayers now and keep em goin daily!

Hey Seapro, glad to have you onboard! I help organize the event and yes it is shaping up nicely. Usually we have good weather and hopefully this year will be no exception.
Maybe you can teach a few (like me) how to rig a squid for trolling like you described. We use them but with rigging spring and pin rigs. Weedless sounds like the bomb!

Folks we still would love to have a few more boats as always, its going to be a banner event as usual, but lets make a true showing for these American heroes and show the town of Morehead City we know how to do it right!

http://militaryappreciationday.org/wp/morehead-city-chapter-boat-volunteer-registration/

General land volunteers - http://militaryappreciationday.org/wp/morehead-city-chapter-committee-volunteer-registration/

What is MAD - http://militaryappreciationday.org/wp/what-is-mad-military-appreciation-day/

seapro180
Ol'Salt
Ol'Salt

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scott, we worked on the tuna and mahi pretty good last year at mad trolling squid. It's like I said before, the bait is under the weed line. Thus, the fish are under the weeds. I like fishing where the fish are, not 200 feet away from them!!!!!! Once you see how easy it is to rig them, you wont do it any other way. I'm heading to Beaufort Thursday night and heading offshore Friday. I'm going to make a how to video when I get back to the house were staying at on harkers island. So it will be up and viewable by Friday night.

LookinToHookem
Ol'Salt
Ol'Salt

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many Thanks to all who have signed up so far, and to those that haven't....IT'S NOT TOO LATE!!!!! For the first time in 10 years, the "LookinToHookem" won't be taking any heroes out, but I'll be there in spirit, and be there sometime Saturday. Those of you that have volunteered before know the great experience that's waiting, and you first-timers will know soon! Looking forward to seeing ya'll bringing back in those smiling faces(even if some are green lol ) with their catches that Saturday!!!

Take care, tight lines, see ya'll when you get in, Stuart

www.militaryappreciationday.org

ScottK
Ol'Salt
Ol'Salt

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another super spectacular event everyone! Forecast not that great but was doable for most. It was a Spanish kind of day for sure!
We had 86 boats, the Carolina Princess and fished over 300 Troops! Hundreds showed up for the land based activities, and the food was....oh mama!

Thanks to Sea Tow for all their support, repairing our radio setup (donating a brand new radio and cable!)
To Captain Dave for the Fish Here maps and run of his website, AND for hosting the MAD website for free.

Many thanks to all of you who donated your time, money boat, gear, knowledge, and also to our many volunteers, those behind the scenes helping and our numerous donors, sponsors, and all who were willing to say One, Simple, Thanks!
We are already planning next year. Remember it's always one weekend before the start of the Big Rock and the KWLA event, and next years date is June 1, 2019.
We're looking forward to another awesome event there in Morehead City and hoping you will be a part of it again!

Onslow Bay Boatworks

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SaltwaterCentral.Com Forum Index -> On The Hill All times are GMT
 Goto page Previous  1, 2
 Page 2 of 2

Jump to: