boat detailing - SaltwaterCentral.Com

Register for FREE to Use our Offshore Fishing Resources
Select State -»
Staff Online:Instant Message Site Admin Capt_DaveFind all forum posts by Capt_DaveCapt_DaveInstant Message Site Admin Capt_RichFind all forum posts by Capt_RichCapt_Rich
August 17, 2018 7:20 pm EST
Wind Dir: SSW (210°)
Wind Speed: 17 knots
Wind Gust: 21 knots
AT Ps: 30.12 in (1019.9 mb)
Air Temp: 83°F (28.6°C)
Dew Point: 78°F (25.3°C)
Water Temp: 84°F (28.8°C)

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch  SearchNew Forum Posts 

boat detailing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SaltwaterCentral.Com Forum Index -> The Boat Yard
makhunter
1st Mate
1st Mate

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 2:36 am    Post subject: boat detailing Reply with quote

Looking a good boat detailer in Morehead Atlantic beach area  
herefishy
2nd Mate
2nd Mate

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 1:11 pm    Post subject: Detailing Reply with quote

National boat detailers. View online. They have specific detailers and come to you. Used them twice last year and because he was later than scheduled time, he did additional detailing without charge  
Bosunscrew
Ol'Salt
Ol'Salt

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 3:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ultimate Yacht Service...give BT ‭(2‭52) 241-0495‬ or Shawn at ‭(252) 646-2737‬ a call...they’ll make your boat look better than Tom Selik’s mustache!!!

DionBrown

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure if you're familiar with this forum but they've got answers to any and everything! Here's a thread listing a few boat detailers in your area:

https://www.thehulltruth.com/carolinas/409821-boat-detailing-morehead-city-area.html
Someone posed your exact question. Good luck!

-DB

FullSpecdrum
1st Mate
1st Mate

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Call Brick with Atlantic Mobile Detail. Did a fantastic job on my 27 contender.

252-521-0100

Toad
Ol'Salt
Ol'Salt

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ultimate Yatch is proud of their detail service and their pricing shows it. Quoted $1200.00 for a 23 Key West CC. 😱

Key West 2300CC Bluewater
SOLD.
Raleigh/Atlantic Beach NC.
\"Dirty D\"

paynefish
Ol'Salt
Ol'Salt

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used Eddie Sewell with Sewell Marine Detailing out of Swansboro. He drove to Morehead and took care of my boat, reasonably priced and did a super job 252-241-2668

The Happy Place

BarryTurano
Ol'Salt
Ol'Salt

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Toad wrote:
Ultimate Yatch is proud of their detail service and their pricing shows it. Quoted $1200.00 for a 23 Key West CC. 😱

Dustin dis both my old and new to me boat. Price was no where near that. He did a spectacular job. Both my boats were 24'. Not trying to imply anything but did you have a lot of oxidation? I know he did the hull, inside and bright work for about I think $750.00.

USN Submarine Veteran
Defender of the Deep
Knight of Neptune
USS Corporal SS346
Death From Below
There are only 2 types of ships.
Submarines and Targets
Coastal Carolina Submarine Veterans
Cape Fear Anglers

Toad
Ol'Salt
Ol'Salt

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2018 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BarryTurano wrote:
Toad wrote:

Dustin dis both my old and new to me boat. Price was no where near that. He did a spectacular job. Both my boats were 24'. Not trying to imply anything but did you have a lot of oxidation? I know he did the hull, inside and bright work for about I think $750.00.

No my boat was not in bad shape at all. I had been getting it done once a year but thought I would try Ultimate as they are right up the street from my place and I could just take my boat over by water and not pull it out and trailer it somewhere. I was really surprised at the quote. Not saying anything bad about their service, I was just surprised at the quote. Sold the boat about three weeks later anyway so I'm glad I didn't spend money on any detail service.

SOLD.
\"Dirty D\"

Toad
Ol'Salt
Ol'Salt

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2018 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BarryTurano wrote:
Toad wrote:

No my boat was not in bad shape at all. I had been getting it done once a year but thought I would try Ultimate as they are right up the street from my place and I could just take my boat over by water and not pull it out and trailer it somewhere. I was really surprised at the quote. Not saying anything bad about their service, I was just surprised at the quote. Sold the boat about three weeks later anyway so I'm glad I didn't spend money on any detail service.

SOLD.
\"Dirty D\"

BarryTurano
Ol'Salt
Ol'Salt

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2018 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Toad wrote:
BarryTurano wrote:
Toad wrote:

I guess a lot has changed in the last 4 years. I know that after he did my boat he was turning the business over to one of the guys who worked for him. But you are 100% correct $1200.00 seems excessive. $52.00 per foot is nuts.

USN Submarine Veteran
Defender of the Deep
Knight of Neptune
USS Corporal SS346
Death From Below
There are only 2 types of ships.
Submarines and Targets
Coastal Carolina Submarine Veterans
Cape Fear Anglers

Titan
Ol'Salt
Ol'Salt

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 5:41 am    Post subject: Re: boat detailing Reply with quote

makhunter wrote:

I am glad you asked this question. My boat is just sitting there for 6months while I am deployed and when I get back it will need some serious cleaning/detailing. Do the detailers clean inside the blige area, anchor storage, and all the area around the pumps and hoses as well or do they just clean and wax the outside/gel coat / paint areas. After awhile there tends to be a black mold like build up in there and I would like that cleaned out as well if possible. The canvas T-Top needs some serious cleaning as well. Right now all the rope has mold on it and the top of the T-top needs cleaning. I made a mistake of spraying bleach on everything one day. The boat cam out looking real nice and white on the inside until all of my bolster pads busted open because the bleach ate away at the stitching. Lesson learned. That was the last time I used bleach on my boat. Whoever you decide to use, if you don't mind let me know how they did and how much per foot. Thank you.

vanatta22
Ol'Salt
Ol'Salt

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After four straight days of fishing last week, I knew it was time for my boat to be detailed. This is the first time this year and she looks damn good I think. Inside got detailed as well. I think it looks really good for a 2007!

FullSpecdrum
1st Mate
1st Mate

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:08 pm    Post subject: Re: boat detailing Reply with quote

Titan wrote:
makhunter wrote:

I am glad you asked this question. My boat is just sitting there for 6months while I am deployed and when I get back it will need some serious cleaning/detailing. Do the detailers clean inside the blige area, anchor storage, and all the area around the pumps and hoses as well or do they just clean and wax the outside/gel coat / paint areas. After awhile there tends to be a black mold like build up in there and I would like that cleaned out as well if possible. The canvas T-Top needs some serious cleaning as well. Right now all the rope has mold on it and the top of the T-top needs cleaning. I made a mistake of spraying bleach on everything one day. The boat cam out looking real nice and white on the inside until all of my bolster pads busted open because the bleach ate away at the stitching. Lesson learned. That was the last time I used bleach on my boat. Whoever you decide to use, if you don't mind let me know how they did and how much per foot. Thank you.

Brick with Atlantic Mobile Detail did my 2004 27 contender. Boat had been In bad need of compound and wax for a couple years. Bilge and inside the console were disgusting (almost completely black) and the top of the t top had lichtens growing on it. He got it back to damn near a showroom shine inside and out, including console, bilge and all the other storage compartments. Polished all the aluminum. Cleaned the top of the t top And reconditioned the curtains. Total cost... $750. Needless to say, I'll be using him in the future. I posted his contact info above.

Titan
Ol'Salt
Ol'Salt

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Brick with Atlantic Mobile Detail did my 2004 27 contender. Boat had been In bad need of compound and wax for a couple years. Bilge and inside the console were disgusting (almost completely black) and the top of the t top had lichtens growing on it. He got it back to damn near a showroom shine inside and out, including console, bilge and all the other storage compartments. Polished all the aluminum. Cleaned the top of the t top And reconditioned the curtains. Total cost... $750. Needless to say, I'll be using him in the future. I posted his contact info above."

Sounds good. Thank you for the reply. I will be contacting him as soon as I return.

Onslow Bay Boatworks

Onslow Bay Boatworks

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SaltwaterCentral.Com Forum Index -> The Boat Yard All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: