Lowrance Elite 7 chirp

Register for FREE to Use our Offshore Fishing Resources
Select State -
Staff Online:Instant Message Site Admin Capt_DaveFind all forum posts by Capt_DaveCapt_Dave
Lowrance Elite 7 chirp
Lowrance Elite 7 chirp
Lowrance Elite 7 chirp
December 12, 2017 4:50 am EST
Wind Dir: WSW (240°)
Wind Speed: 21 knots
Wind Gust: 27 knots
Sig Wave Height: 6 ft
Dom Wave Period: 5 sec
Average Period: 4.5 sec
Mean Wave Dir: WSW (245°)
AT Ps: 29.88 in (1011.9 mb)
Air Temp: 62°F (16.4°C)
Dew Point: 46°F (7.5°C)
Water Temp: 64°F (17.6°C)

Lowrance Elite 7 chirp
There are currently 509 Guests and 5 Members online NOW!

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch  SearchNew Forum Posts 

Lowrance Elite 7 chirp

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SaltwaterCentral.Com Forum Index -> Buy, Sell or Trade....
dontcatch
Ol'Salt
Ol'Salt

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 3:47 pm    Post subject: Lowrance Elite 7 chirp Reply with quote

Purchased I believe in mid 2015.

Comes with transducer and cable and Navionics Gold.

This thing has been a piece of Schmidt since the git go. Maybe you can get it to work properly...lol.....with out losing bottom above 6-7 mph and taking forever to boot up or to zoom in/out and staying way behind the actual position of the boat and a host of other idiocy. I replaced with a Garmin Echomap Chirp 74sv (actually two of them).

Price is a 12 pack of bottled Michelob Ultra. I will not mail or ship or meet any one any where except in my yard. Ain't gonna spend a penny on it or any other lowrance product again.

If you do not want it, I will pay you for the 12 pack and you can sit and enjoy a beer on me while watching me beat the crap out of it with a sledge hammer.

pm is interested. Or reply here.

lmao lmao lmao

jasfishin
Ol'Salt
Ol'Salt

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where are you located ?
If close to I will take you up on it.
I'm located in Raeford just outside Fayetteville.

dontcatch
Ol'Salt
Ol'Salt

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harkers Island.....Beaufort!  
SouthernSon
Ol'Salt
Ol'Salt

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll come get if he doesn't beat me to it! It's nicer than my skiff elite 5!

It's your fault I drink Ultra now! Lol.
Hope to see ya this weekend.

jasfishin
Ol'Salt
Ol'Salt

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have at it Southern it's little bit of journey for me. Not that I wouldn't mind sharing a beer with you guys just isn't in the stars to make it that way anytime soon.  
dontcatch
Ol'Salt
Ol'Salt

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dang James, why do I think I will come out in arrears on the Michelob Ultra.....LOL.

Come by this weekend and get it......with the 12 pack of Bottled Michelob Ultras of course. I will put all the pieces and parts in a box.

Got my second Echomap Chirp 74sv today and mounted it. Just got to get the software updated tomorrow.

I ordered it online at West Marine and thought it was without the transducer. Came with the transducer and was 450.00 less than the first unit. Now I got to mount a transducer or keep it as a spare.

jasfishin, sorry about that. I saw the Raeford location and figured it might be out of the way for you. You can still stop by for the beer...lol! I only have 27 24 bottle cases in the shed.....purchase it on sale in anticipation of tough times like Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday and any other day.

I am glad to get rid of the pos lowrance.......almost wish I had just beat the chit out of it with a hammer. Would have given me great pleasure.

SouthernSon
Ol'Salt
Ol'Salt

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jasfishing.... share one with ya anytime your down.

DCM...... you made me laugh on coming out in arrears. I may need to come ny more often! I always look forward to seeing you.

Durwyn
Ol'Salt
Ol'Salt

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm in Beaufort and will stop by and get it if Southern cant make it.

I can fix it. It would be better than the elite 5 on my skiff as well.

glacierbaze
Ol'Salt
Ol'Salt

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Durwyn, if you can fix that, can you tell me how to fix my Elite 5, and Elite 5HDI? When I am coming out of the canals at PKS, they both have me going through the lawns beside the canal. Seems to be worse in certain directions.  
stuecu
Ol'Salt
Ol'Salt

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So are you telling me I made a mistake purchasing this Lowrance Hook 4 Mid/High/DownScan (Nautic Insight) today?

In all seriousness, I actually did purchase the above unit today for cheap at theGPSStore.com. Is this thing a hunk of junk for inshore use???

seapro180
Ol'Salt
Ol'Salt

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was actually thinking of getting the hook 5 with chirp...second guessing now after seeing this

dontcatch
Ol'Salt
Ol'Salt

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stuecu wrote:
So are you telling me I made a mistake purchasing this Lowrance Hook 4 Mid/High/DownScan (Nautic Insight) today?

In all seriousness, I actually did purchase the above unit today for cheap at theGPSStore.com. Is this thing a hunk of junk for inshore use???

do not know about your hook, but my not so elite 7 cheapp is a pos.

Updates did not help, the menu/enter keys stick, running navionics charts the screen is only half full and I have to stop for it to catch up, left/right/up/down key hangs/moves too quickly...And there is more....Heck, I moved the transducer 4 times for it to hold bottom up to about 15-20 mph providing it was not choppy. The transducer worked best when it was way below the boat....not what one would expect.

When at anchor/drifting, the sonar and structure scan are really good . However, research on many websites show that there were major flaws with the elite 7 chirp.

Talking to lowrance folks I was insulted and when they asked me to send the unit in, I told them where to put it.

I previously owned a lcx15ci on my smaller boat and the sonar was great, but the gps/chartplotter dies about a year and a half after purchase.

At least SouthernSon has to pass by here on the way to his place and I think he knows that if he stops here enough he will get his 12 pack of bottled Michelob Ultra back over time. Never had a problem with those... lmao And, Mr. SS will enjoy a beer while I curse and beat the entire unit to a pulp and haul it off to the trash dump.

SouthernSon
Ol'Salt
Ol'Salt

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

🙀🙀🙀🙀🙀🙀🙀🙀
😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

I always enjoy time with you DCM. You keep me heads up. 👍👍👍👍. See ya this weekend.

dontcatch
Ol'Salt
Ol'Salt

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SouthernSon wrote:
🙀🙀🙀🙀🙀🙀🙀🙀
😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

I always enjoy time with you DCM. You keep me heads up. 👍👍👍👍. See ya this weekend.

That is practice for the way they are going to bury you lmao

LookinToHookem
Ol'Salt
Ol'Salt

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dontcatch wrote:
SouthernSon wrote:
🙀🙀🙀🙀🙀🙀🙀🙀
😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

That is practice for the way they are going to bury you lmao

Poor SouthernSon needs to find a new drinkin buddy....DCM, YOU AIN'T RIGHT!!! lol lol lol

See you soon buddy! wtg

www.militaryappreciationday.org

Durwyn
Ol'Salt
Ol'Salt

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

glacierbaze wrote:
Durwyn, if you can fix that, can you tell me how to fix my Elite 5, and Elite 5HDI? When I am coming out of the canals at PKS, they both have me going through the lawns beside the canal. Seems to be worse in certain directions.

Hmmm....are you using an external antenna or just the unit?

dontcatch
Ol'Salt
Ol'Salt

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SouthernSon came by yesterday with his lovely bride (I found out why he likes to fish, because she is the fisherperson) and picked up the unit.

He overpaid with an 18 pack of Michelob Ultra.

Good luck with the pos elite 7 Mr. SouthernSon. I will keep a cold bottled Michelob Ultra for you. You might need it!

SouthernSon
Ol'Salt
Ol'Salt

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol...... I'm gonna try and update the unit software first off and go from there. I may need 2 or ten beers before it's over but I'll give it a try.

dontcatch
Ol'Salt
Ol'Salt

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SouthernSon wrote:
Lol...... I'm gonna try and update the unit software first off and go from there. I may need 2 or ten beers before it's over but I'll give it a try.

I updated the software after I initially purchased it and checked again some time later to see that there were no further updates.

Try running the Navionics Gold chart.....aaaarrrrgggghhh was way slow. When I used the units as a chartplotter only (I had removed the transducer and had installed the first Garmin) it was still aggravating but I knew I was going to get a second garmin and beat the crap out of the lowrance with a hammer.

James if it frustrates you enough for 10 beers, then just stop by here and I will let you use my three pound hammer and we will share the ten beers on me.

I am quite happy with my second Garmin sitting there next to the other Garmin. My cursing has been greatly reduced and I do not seem to drink as much Michelob Ultra. lmao And when I ordered the second Garmin, I thought I was getting just the head unit, but it came with the transducer and was $450.00 cheaper than the first same identical unit

Durwyn
Ol'Salt
Ol'Salt

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well if you cant get it working SS, let me know, ill give you a 6 pack of Stone or Goose Island IPA.

I am an electrical/computer engineer so hardware/software issues usually are within my wheelhouse.

dontcatch
Ol'Salt
Ol'Salt

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Durwyn wrote:
Well if you cant get it working SS, let me know, ill give you a 6 pack of Stone or Goose Island IPA.

I am an electrical/computer engineer so hardware/software issues usually are within my wheelhouse.

Same here for over 30 years durwyn (retired 12 years ago). The thing may can be fixed, but the effort is not worth it. If you look at many websites, you will find lots of problems with the elite 7 chirp that should not have been there from the git go.

I would actually prefer he bring it back to me and we both take turns with the hammer....over some beer that old folks can handle while we talk politics and Military Appreciation Day. Did I mention how much problem I and others have had with lowrance over the years.... lmao

glacierbaze
Ol'Salt
Ol'Salt

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Durwyn wrote:
glacierbaze wrote:

Hmmm....are you using an external antenna or just the unit?

Internal only. I have a couple of the LCM2000 pucks lying around. I thought about trying one if there is a connection. Will look this week-end.

seapro180
Ol'Salt
Ol'Salt

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it boils down to smashing, entertain us with a video!

Squid Row
Ol'Salt
Ol'Salt

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dontcatch wrote:

Did I mention how much problem I and others have had with lowrance over the years.... lmao

Hmmmmm..... now what wise person could have possibly warned you about that in the past, many...many....many times?

lol

Flounder Pounder II - 16 Sandpiper Skiff, 40 HP Yamaha

dontcatch
Ol'Salt
Ol'Salt

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Squid Row wrote:
dontcatch wrote:

Did I mention how much problem I and others have had with lowrance over the years.... lmao

Hmmmmm..... now what wise person could have possibly warned you about that in the past, many...many....many times?

lol

A young and very wise man. And he was extremely experienced in and has first hand knowledge of the topic. wall wall wall

dontcatch
Ol'Salt
Ol'Salt

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dontcatch wrote:
Squid Row wrote:
dontcatch wrote:

lol

A young and very wise man. And he was extremely experienced in and has first hand knowledge of the topic. wall wall wall
I should have listened.

I have had more fun getting rid of the thing than I ever had by trying to use it.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SaltwaterCentral.Com Forum Index -> Buy, Sell or Trade.... All times are GMT - 4 Hours

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: