Dom Wave Period: 9 sec
Average Period: 5.8 sec
Mean Wave Dir: ESE (115°)
AT Ps: 29.91 in (1012.8 mb)
Air Temp: 59°F (15.0°C)
Dew Point: 52°F (11.2°C)
Water Temp: 72°F (22.0°C)

Curtains in MHC area
There are currently 482 Guests and 4 Members online NOW!

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch  SearchNew Forum Posts 

Curtains in MHC area

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SaltwaterCentral.Com Forum Index -> On The Hill
paynefish
Ol'Salt
Ol'Salt

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2016 1:35 pm    Post subject: Curtains in MHC area Reply with quote

I would like to add curtains to my boat in advance of cooler weather. I do not know anyone that does it and figured that someone up here would have some suggestions in the Morehead and Beaufort area. Any suggestions on who to contact and any suggestions on what to ask for or avoid?? Thanks in advance!  
Rustyone
Ol'Salt
Ol'Salt

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2016 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Julie at Custom Canvas on Arendell does awesome work! Top quality materials, fair price and she's a perfectionist. Did my upper helm cover - come look at it and find a single defect, you can't! When I need new curtains, she's getting the job.
www.militaryappreciationday.org

fishangel
Ol'Salt
Ol'Salt

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2016 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zack at Brake Marine Canvas, but you need to get on his list, he is usually backed up and for good reason.  
fishangel
Ol'Salt
Ol'Salt

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2016 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zack at Brake Marine Canvas, but you need to get on his waiting list, he is usually backed up and for good reason.  
tireman
Ol'Salt
Ol'Salt

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2016 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zack just did my curtains and it was a great job but like fishangel said he stays busy.

paynefish
Ol'Salt
Ol'Salt

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2016 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are there certain materials that you want or more importantly, want to avoid? I have a 24' center console, what kind of price should I expect for something that will keep me dry and is made of quality products?

The Happy Place

dontcatch
Ol'Salt
Ol'Salt

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2016 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Coastal Canvas on Harkers Island Rd.

They did mine about two years ago and they have been great!. Fair price and quick turn around.

AND NO SNAPS.....did I mention that I hate snaps!

252) 728-4946

Chris Phillips
Ol'Salt
Ol'Salt

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2016 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zack at Brakes Marine did mine! Did an awesome job! I'm in Fayetteville and drove 3 hours each way to drop my boat off!

A bad day of fishing is better than a good day at work!

Chris Phillips
Ol'Salt
Ol'Salt

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2016 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

paynefish wrote:
Are there certain materials that you want or more importantly, want to avoid? I have a 24' center console, what kind of price should I expect for something that will keep me dry and is made of quality products?

You should expect to pay $2200 to $3000 depending on the setup. I would definitely get the gullwings. I did the thicker plexiglass on the doghouse of the console which costed a little more but will hold up better in the long run. Brakes Marine. ask for Zack

A bad day of fishing is better than a good day at work!

Kingsransom1
1st Mate
1st Mate

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2016 9:55 am    Post subject: Second for Coastal Canvas Reply with quote

Michael at Coastal Canvas out in Straits has done fantastic work for us and as stated no snaps!!!!  
Curtie

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 2:57 am    Post subject: Re: Curtains in MHC area Reply with quote

paynefish wrote:
I would like to add curtains to my boat in advance of cooler weather. I do not know anyone that does it and figured that someone up here would have some suggestions in the Morehead and Beaufort area. Any suggestions on who to contact and any suggestions on what to ask for or avoid?? Thanks in advance!

Sure,but maybe before my suggestion,are there certain materials that you want or more importantly, want to avoid? Personally, I have https://hovement.com/best-soundproof-curtains/ and apart from helping keep me dry,they're of admirable quality material.I would recommend you get your curtain from there and cut down on your costs.No delivery worries, that's easily catered for. After that, expect to pay something in the tunes of $2000 depending on the setup.That's what I was charged 4 years ago,I'm not so sure of the current market charges.

paynefish
Ol'Salt
Ol'Salt

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 3:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Curtains in MHC area Reply with quote

Curtie wrote:
paynefish wrote:

Sure,but maybe before my suggestion,are there certain materials that you want or more importantly, want to avoid? Personally, I have https://hovement.com/best-soundproof-curtains/ and apart from helping keep me dry,they're of admirable quality material.I would recommend you get your curtain from there and cut down on your costs.No delivery worries, that's easily catered for. After that, expect to pay something in the tunes of $2000 depending on the setup.That's what I was charged 4 years ago,I'm not so sure of the current market charges.

After pricing them out, I decided that a quality set of bad weather gear and thermal underwear were a hell of a lot cheaper, and I can take that off when I start fishing and get it out of the way. I survived last winter, no problem. Will use the same this winter and pocket the difference, or spend it on fishing equipment!!

The Happy Place

vaughnford
Ol'Salt
Ol'Salt

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fishangel wrote:
Zack at Brake Marine Canvas, but you need to get on his list, he is usually backed up and for good reason.

X2

jdunk
Ol'Salt
Ol'Salt

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Coastal Canvas on Harkers Island Rd.  

Onslow Bay Boatworks

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SaltwaterCentral.Com Forum Index -> On The Hill All times are GMT - 4 Hours

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: