Wind Dir: S (180°)
Wind Speed: 12 knots
Wind Gust: 14 knots
AT Ps: 30.30 in (1026.1 mb)
Air Temp: 72°F (22.0°C)
Dew Point: 66°F (18.8°C)
Water Temp: 71°F (21.5°C)

Looking for information to further my business
There are currently 402 Guests and 8 Members online NOW!

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch  SearchNew Forum Posts 

Looking for information to further my business

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SaltwaterCentral.Com Forum Index -> On The Hill
David_Paff
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 3:54 pm    Post subject: Looking for information to further my business Reply with quote

Hi Guys/Gals

So I am looking for some feedback from our community. My name is David Paff and I am currently working as the graphic designer and multimedia person for SaltwaterCentral.com. Captain Dave Tilley is my uncle and has brought me on board this past year. I have recently started a graphic design and social media management company called Saltwater Illustrations. Just this past week, I have taken on the Saltwater Central Social media pages on Facebook and Instagram. The Instagram page was started from scratch 8 days ago and already has a very successful following. I am looking for feedback on what you guys think people would be willing to pay for services in running social mediaís for businesses. I have done some research and have debated on wether I should charge an hourly fee or a flat rate per month.

If I were to charge an hourly fee,

Should I charge
10/hr
15/hr
20/hr
25+/hr

Realistically, I would be updating content on the pages 3-4 days out of the week and putting forth 5-10 hours a month with total time invested per business.

Or should I develope some form of flat rate total package for a month, and if so what would you guys be willing to pay if you were interested in a social media service?

100/month
150/month
200+/month

The entire package that I have to offer is creating the social media pages from scratch, and developing an outstanding community following on the pages. Therefore driving popularity to thier business and bringing in new customers.

Any feedback would be extremely appreciated and anyone interested in such services, please let me know. My contact information will be posted below!

David Paff
Work Number: 919-802-0718
Work Email: saltwaterillustrations@gmail.com

12ga
Ol'Salt
Ol'Salt

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

David I can only speak to my preference. Back when I did a little guide business , I always opted for known,set operating expenses,but some operations need different options to work with because different clients require/have and must work with mix of needs..Hard to work with a rigid costing structure... IMHO , if possible to do so on SWC format ,I would try to offer both hourly and set costs. Giving the viewer a choice would be a much more attractive sells tool..... Just my thinking out loud !!!!  
David_Paff
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 6:43 pm    Post subject: Feedback Reply with quote

Thank you for the feedback! I will definitely keep that in mind as I progress forward.  
Wahoo53

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First, I would do some market research to determine competitors and the services they offer and their price structure. You want to charge what the market will allow. I would try to find my niche- offer a skill or service no one else does. Develop prices for individual services and develop packages of services they can purchase for one price per month. Decide on a minimum length of time for them to buy. I would have set hourly rate in case they ask for something over and above what the packaged services offer. In case they ask for something special or unique. If I did not understand your question then please disregard my rambling.  
Subcultures10
Ol'Salt
Ol'Salt

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 4:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

David, your uncle knows my small little business reelkingin.com and ive been shopping for just this thing lol....ive got new tshirt designs coming out, new equipments etc....The guys who have caught my attn ive spoke to is the per month basis.....

want to chat more drop me a PM....good luck

Set the Hook, Pull hard, Crank harder, crank faster!

Subcultures10
Ol'Salt
Ol'Salt

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 4:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fyi, im the guy that was sitting beside ya recording the video in raleigh....remember the TROUT class lol

Set the Hook, Pull hard, Crank harder, crank faster!

cheeks
Ol'Salt
Ol'Salt

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

David,

I would encourage you to charge a rate high enough that motivates you to want to do the work. Social Media is still in its Wild Wild West days. I donít think the marketplace has any idea where the pricing should be either. The most important thing is the relationship with customer and finding a price for services that you are both happy with.

Btw, you have mail!

Best of luck,

Brian Apple
Restoration Boatworks

David_Paff
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I greatly appreciate all of the feedback from everyone! Canít tell you just how helpful it has been.  

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SaltwaterCentral.Com Forum Index -> On The Hill All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: