Select State -
Staff Online:
Boat slips outrageous!!! - SaltwaterCentral.Com

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch  SearchNew Forum Posts 

Boat slips outrageous!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SaltwaterCentral.Com Forum Index -> On The Hill
Bigblue
Ol'Salt
Ol'Salt

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:59 am    Post subject: Boat slips outrageous!!! Reply with quote

We currently keep our boat a inlet watch and 2 days before lease was up they went up on price and wanted us to pay quarterly so against my better judgment we paid 3 months and that ends march 1st !! We asked them to send contract we would sign they never did so we are free to go at end of month we absolutely love it there but found a really nice boat slip in water! But I did contact one fellow in whritesville beach said he'd do monthly for 483 for a years lease , so I said would you do cheaper if I did a 2 year lease and he said yes so I emailed a offer of 425 for 2 years just as a starting point !! Well he come back with 600 a month for 2 years and would need to be paid upfront! I just laughed I grew up poor and have made my money the hard way but if y'all are paying 7200 upfront a year for a 25 ' boat you use 100 dollar bills to wipe your arse and more power to ya , no doubt I could swing it but I'm smarter than that!! Rant over poor boater rambling lol  
cheeks
Ol'Salt
Ol'Salt

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, the slips at Wrightsville are expensive....if you can even find one.  
tic
Ol'Salt
Ol'Salt

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:49 pm    Post subject: boat slips Reply with quote

They priced me out years ago. Now I'm a trailer guy. Put in early and take chill pills (important) when you pull out in the afternoon. I don't use the Wrightsville beach ramp.  
Subcultures10
Ol'Salt
Ol'Salt

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TiC same as you here....And if we need/know were fishing several days straight we rent nightly or weekly

ReelKingin.Com

Fishing Gear & Clothing (King Mackerel)

Set the Hook, Pull hard, Crank harder, Crank faster!

rdnkvet
Ol'Salt
Ol'Salt

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man. We need to charge more for ours. Those are crazy prices.

steve-a
Ol'Salt
Ol'Salt

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you are interested in Bradley Creek let me know. There are some wet slips available from private owners that could be rented I'm sure. I will ask around if that interests you.

GradyWhite248
Ol'Salt
Ol'Salt

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moved down to SouthPort years ago. Marina reasonable priced. but did go up this year.

wet_rat
2nd Mate
2nd Mate

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We are leaving Masonboro Yacht Club March 18 after a years lease @ $700/month for our 55 Hatteras. I didn't feel like the cost was outlandish but the marina upkeep is on a quick and steady decline and they're price gouging renters on their power usage. When there is no change in boat usage, HVAC systems are off when away from the boat, you can't convince me that a jump from $75 in Nov to over $200 in Dec is legit.

We are relocating to Morehead City where slip costs are reasonable and there's competition requiring marinas to actually maintain their facilities

wet_rat
2nd Mate
2nd Mate

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wet_rat wrote:
We are leaving Masonboro Yacht Club March 18 after a years lease @ $700/month for our 55 Hatteras. I didn't feel like the cost was outlandish but the marina upkeep is on a quick and steady decline and they're price gouging renters on their power usage. When there is no change in boat usage, HVAC systems are off when away from the boat, you can't convince me that a jump from $75 in Nov to over $200 in Dec is legit.

We are relocating to Morehead City where slip costs are reasonable and there's competition requiring marinas to actually maintain their facilities

I want to clarify exactly what I meant with this comment as I had no intention of throwing Dave under the bus. One individual trying to maintain that marina by themselves is a super difficult responsibility, that problem falls on the board, NOT DAVE!! As stated, I rented this slip, I made many many many complaints and requests to the owner to have the utility meter checked for proper function and it fell on deaf ears. It wasn't until the most recent bill, where the cost almost tripled, that the owner forwarded the Kw usage

My sincere apologies to Dave, this was not directed at him

Free Towing - Free Soft Ungroundings

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SaltwaterCentral.Com Forum Index -> On The Hill All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: