Mean Wave Dir: SSE (160°)
AT Ps: 30.04 in (1017.4 mb)
Air Temp: 81°F (27.1°C)
Dew Point: 76°F (24.4°C)
Water Temp: 83°F (28.6°C)

Wax for new boat? - SaltwaterCentral.Com

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch  SearchNew Forum Posts 

Wax for new boat?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SaltwaterCentral.Com Forum Index -> The Boat Yard
Fishfull-Thinking
Mate
Mate

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:33 pm    Post subject: Wax for new boat? Reply with quote

Hi Folks,

I have a new Parker 2510 XLD that should be delivered in about 2 weeks. I have scoured the forum on best waxes to use for a brand new boat with no oxidation. The boat will be indoor rack storage in Southport, so hopefully the impact of sun rays will be minimal.

Seems like a ton of waxes and opinions on what is best. From my reading, I'm leaning toward one of these two:

Meguiar's M5616 Marine/RV Pure Wax Carnauba Blend- https://www.amazon.com/Meguiars-M5616-Marine-Carnauba-Blend/dp/B0000AXNLT/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1528996711&sr=8-1&keywords=meguiars+pure+wax

Meguiar's M-6316 Flagship Premium Marine Wax- https://www.amazon.com/Meguiars-M-6316-Flagship-Premium-Marine/dp/B0000AY60S/ref=sr_1_24_sspa?ie=UTF8&qid=1528996808&sr=8-24-spons&keywords=meguires+flagship+marine+wax&psc=1

Am I on the right track? I'm a retired 68 year old who wants to take good care of the boat, and hopefully find something that is relatively easy on and easy off. I have a Porter Cable buffer and plan to use foam applicator pads to apply the wax. Will probably use the foam pads to remove as well, unless the old cotton towel method is just as easy and don't have to lift and use a buffer all day.

Suggestions........... input......... opinions?

Thanks in advance,
John Lyons
Fishfull Thinking

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SaltwaterCentral.Com Forum Index -> The Boat Yard All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: