Wind Gust: 16 knots
AT Ps: 30.10 in (1019.2 mb)
Air Temp: 79°F (26.1°C)
Dew Point: 72°F (22.2°C)
Water Temp: 81°F (27.4°C)

Garmin 1042xsv - SaltwaterCentral.Com

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch  SearchNew Forum Posts 

Garmin 1042xsv

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SaltwaterCentral.Com Forum Index -> On The Hill
amberjack2362
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 1:48 am    Post subject: Garmin 1042xsv Reply with quote

I went all out on new GPS, chart plotter, purschased and installed Garmin 1042XSV and a G2 Map. I purchased it from The GPS Store they had the best price. If you good with computers itís easy to transfer fishing data from a web page to the Garmin program. After installing it I chose to install all the fishing spots long hand. Making the routes from Ashley River to any offshore fishing spot was easy while sitting at your home computer. You transfer the data to a SHDC card then transfer the data from the SDHC card to the unit itself.

I did call Garmin several times for assistance and they were pretty good about answering all my questions, not all people were as knowledgeable as I had hoped but I figured it out.

On the water it works great, I am still experimenting with all the sonar, etc.

I was going to add a radar at a later date but I will run with this for now.

Amberjack

Rustyone
Ol'Salt
Ol'Salt

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope any problems you have occur within 364 days. I spent $8200 on a 1040 Xsv and top of the line transducers (twins) a new VHF and 2 - 18ft Antennas. 1 month past one year,one of the twin transducers went out and they basically said it sucked to be me. I will never buy another piece of electronics from them. The lack of a simple offer to sell me a replacement at a discount would have gotten them a sale of a networked unit for my upper helm, radar and auto pilot. Iíve never experienced such an in-your-face, donít give a crap attitude from any vendor of pricey equipment. Heck, I got better service when I returned a Clarkspoon with a broken hook to Neuse Sport Shop.

The GPS store owners have obviously gotten rich enough that they donít need good customers.

Curmudgeon
Ol'Salt
Ol'Salt

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahhh, yes, the old 'when is a warranty not a warranty' issue. Would you be upset if it was two months past the stated date? Three months? When does a warranty become a warranty for the consumer as well as the provider? I've used Garmin for 15 years (at least 8 units), never purchased a new one, never had a problem. Just sayin ... shrug  

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SaltwaterCentral.Com Forum Index -> On The Hill All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: