- Weather Tools
- Fish Here Maps
- US Charter Boats
- Your Account
- Site Info
Marine Fisheries Commission chooses combination of management tools for souther
Tuesday, January 05, 2016 @ 09:09:01 EST
MOREHEAD CITY — In adopting a supplement to the Southern Flounder Fishery Management Plan,
The N.C. Marine Fisheries Commission has instituted a combination of size limit changes, modifications to fishing gear allowances, total allowable landings and season closures.
Beginning Jan. 1, 2016, the commercial minimum size limit will go up from 14 inches to 15 inches, making it the same as the recreational fishery.
- Forward the names of Jack Cox, Kenny Fex, Bernie McCants and Jon Haag to the governor for consideration for nomination to the South Atlantic Fishery Management Council obligatory seat.
- Send a draft amendment to the Oyster and Hard Clam fishery management plans to public comment.
- Approve information updates for the state’s Interjurisdictional and Kingfish fishery management plans.
- Approve Amendment 1 to the N.C. Striped Mullet Fishery Management Plan and two associated permanent rules.
- Approve a rule that clarifies mechanical harvesting.
- Send a letter to the governor, the state senate president pro-tem, the speaker of the state house of representatives and all members of the General Assembly requesting consideration of comments from all user groups related to the issuance of a joint enforcement agreement with National Marine Fisheries Service law enforcement.
- Send a draft update to the Coastal Habitat Protection Plan out for public comment.
Last 30 North Carolina Division of Marine Fisheries Articles