Improved Clinch Knot
Captain Dave Tilley
The improved clinch knot is one of the most widely used knots for tying terminal tackle on to a line and is used for both monofilament and braided lines. It is very easy to tie and has good holding power.
1. Pass the end through the hook, crossing the standing part of the line.
2. Twist the bitter end around the standing end 5 times. Less times will weaken the knot and more times are unnecessary.
3. Now pass the bitter end through the loop made by the hook and the first wrap.
4. Pass bitter end through loop from top of knot to hook loop
5. Pull tight. Pull knot very tight. I like to wet mine and pull it a little tighter.
Tight Lines and Slight Seas