Keep our ramps open - SaltwaterCentral.Com

Goto page 1, 2  Next

AboutTime2Fish
Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:41 am
FL has closed many of their ramps, ocean is closed. Letís not have that happen here. This will make them close the ramps....

F6661ACA-F6C3-4D7D-8A3B-837F14367EB3.jpeg
Boats at beach 3/28/2020
 Filesize:  83.84 KB
 Viewed:  159 Time(s)

KatfishKayak
Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:52 am
Yeah, I was watching the Sloop Point ramp yesterday... you'd have thought it was the 4th of July. There was no semblance of social distancing, and I'm pretty sure that the folks on a bunch of those boats weren't just single families.

If we can't police ourselves, the government is going to do it for us.
Canyon Wren - Parker 2320 SC - 300hp Yamaha

gshivar
Sun Mar 29, 2020 12:58 pm
Looks to me ramps will effectually close Monday pm when NC shuts down. Leave your property only fore essentials. Looks like that will shut down ramps, charters, etc Stay Well! -- glenn Shivar   

tegin1
Sun Mar 29, 2020 1:25 pm
If I read the proclamation correctly, recreational activities such as running, biking, golf are allowed as long as you maintain social distancing. I see no reason for boating to be shutdown as long as people use their head and practice social distancing. I prefer to fish away from other people, and I would be disappointed to see it shutdown because others think it is a good idea to raft up. Hope for the best!   

Last edited by tegin1 on Sun Mar 29, 2020 2:45 pm; edited 1 time in total

gshivar
Sun Mar 29, 2020 1:42 pm
Great. I hope you are right!   

tegin1
Sun Mar 29, 2020 2:26 pm
Here is the link to the proclamation, Section 1 Stay at Home, item 3 iii. talks about outdoor activity. I recommend everybody read it and draw your own conclusion.

https://files.nc.gov/governor/documents/files/EO121-Stay-at-Home-Order-3.pdf

AboutTime2Fish
Sun Mar 29, 2020 3:22 pm
If people can golf, I can boat. They have closed all the restrooms at ramps I believe. And they can close the ramps, leaving the ocean open only to those with slips. But the rafting up at the beach is exactly what made FL shut their ramps down.

KatfishKayak
Sun Mar 29, 2020 5:27 pm
tegin1 wrote:
Here is the link to the proclamation, Section 1 Stay at Home, item 3 iii. talks about outdoor activity. I recommend everybody read it and draw your own conclusion.

https://files.nc.gov/governor/documents/files/EO121-Stay-at-Home-Order-3.pdf

I agree that, right now, boating is not prohibited. And, as of the last communication from NC Wildlife, there is no plan to close the ramps. However, as someone pointed out, if people act like idiots, that's a strong likelihood that the State will step in and shut it down. If you can launch at a private ramp, or if you're already in the water, then there's no good reason not to go. Just don't be a Covidiot.

wampler24
Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:25 pm
I sure hope they don't. I have not been much at all this winter due to a multitude of other reasons. Weather looking good coming up Friday and Saturday so I was planning on an overnight on my center console out at the Tower Friday night and coming back Saturday afternoon. Just need to get away from everything. I've been in pretty much seclusion for 4 weeks now. I went on a cruise a month ago and my company made me work from home for 2 weeks then made everyone start working from home. I am ready to get out.

I won't touch anyone, bringing my own food and drinks and will even catch my own bait. Although I completely understand and agree with the quarantine (should have been done MUCH sooner) I think that if people use common sense, practice good hygiene we will all be alright.

Boat ramps are not going to be the cause of the spread, grocery stores are.... I am avoiding them at all costs.

MealOnReels
Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:54 pm
I wouldn't doubt anything that could happen at public boat ramps ,pandemic or no pandemic !   

paynefish
Mon Mar 30, 2020 9:50 am
Sugarloaf Island and Carrot Island were packed up Saturday. If they keep on, we will lose it

The Happy Place

bperry
Mon Mar 30, 2020 12:19 pm
Boat ramp on 55 street Oak Island has been closed since Saturday morning, but golf course is still open???   

SEAHORSE
Mon Mar 30, 2020 4:03 pm
So hereís my take on this. People around here are not being responsible on their own sadly. Weíre not seeing anything like whatís going on up in the North East or places like New Orleans where Mardi Gras got to them, so since nobody even knows anyone thatís sick with this weíre just not worried enough YET.
Itís also stupid like in Florida where Palm Beach County closed beached boat ramps golf courses and you go one mile Over the county line into Martin County and golf courses open see two guys a foot apart in golf carts, beaches and boating is business as usual. Iím the last guy to say we need more government but Governor of Florida let local government manage decisions on closing beaches ramps VRBO short term rentals and they have a chit storm of folks getting sick because no organized rules. Sucks but IMO many people are not making good personal decisions and may not be scared and willing to take a chances but what about when they get it and don't even know they got it and infect their 80 year old Grand Ma or their 60 year old parents. Just my .02

SEAHORSE
Mon Mar 30, 2020 4:05 pm
So hereís my take on this. People around here are not being responsible on their own sadly. Weíre not seeing anything like whatís going on up in the North East or places like New Orleans where Mardi Gras got to them, so since nobody even knows anyone thatís sick with this weíre just not worried enough YET.
Itís also stupid like in Florida where Palm Beach County closed beached boat ramps golf courses and you go one mile Over the county line into Martin County and golf courses open see two guys a foot apart in golf carts, beaches and boating is business as usual. Iím the last guy to say we need more government but Governor of Florida let local government manage decisions on closing beaches ramps VRBO short term rentals and they have a chit storm of folks getting sick because no organized rules. Sucks but IMO many people are not making good personal decisions and may not be scared and willing to take a chances but what about when they get it and don't even know they got it and infect their 80 year old Grand Ma or their 60 year old parents. Just my .02

marker39
Mon Mar 30, 2020 5:17 pm
Yup.........

After what I saw on the water this weekend, I'm surprised the ramps aren't already closed.

BW

12ga
Mon Mar 30, 2020 9:49 pm
CAN'T SAY FOR SURE , BUT I HEARD SC GOV. HAS CLOSED ALL PUBLIC RAMPS ....   

First Light
Tue Mar 31, 2020 4:57 am
Yes, SC governor closed all public ramps Monday.

gshivar
Tue Mar 31, 2020 8:41 am
I see people using WB ramp today, Monday. At first I wanted ramps to stay open. Now, I have decided to lay low and not venture out. stay well   

Kato
Tue Mar 31, 2020 10:04 am
I hate to say it but NC should close all ramps. People are being morons and the beaches and bars by Bogue Inlet and on Shack were packed with people this last weekend. It's one thing if you go out with your family for a ride or to go fishing, it's a completely different thing to pack your boat with people and hang out on a bar with 30 other people. It sucks for the ones trying to act responsibly.

wampler24
Tue Mar 31, 2020 11:11 am
I disagree with their closure but understand why people feel the way they do.

It is what it is and we all have to work together.... well apart actually.... to get through it.

If they close the ramps, I will be sitting on the hill in my dungeon watching live feeds of people with enough money for slips and houses on the water enjoying the day :)

232G
Tue Mar 31, 2020 1:23 pm
Some of you guy's saying to close our ramps.

These people that are doing the partying are being the problem ( yes it's a Problem , not an Issue ). Then they can enforce the separation. Sheriff's patrol has boats and they are on the water all of time here in Brunswick. They can help with this.

Some of us also have crab pots out that we check and no most do not waterfront houses with docks. We use those ramps too.

Go after the ones responsible. Not the ones that are not doing anything.

fishing-misfit
Tue Mar 31, 2020 5:44 pm
bperry wrote:
Boat ramp on 55 street Oak Island has been closed since Saturday morning, but golf course is still open???

Politicians golf, can't close those!

tanc
Thu Apr 02, 2020 1:29 pm
WRC is warning they will close access if people continue to ignore distancing order https://www.ncwildlife.org/News/nc-wildlife-update-april-2020-wildlife-commissions-enewsletter   

12ga
Thu Apr 02, 2020 7:29 pm
ALL SC RAMPS ARE CLOSED ; SIGNS UP AT EVERY RAMP FRESH AND SALT ;; ALTHOUGH I DID HEAR SOME RAMPS AT LAKE HARTWELL THAT ARE CONTROLLED BY ARMY CORP ARE STILL OPEN !!!   

DAVID146
Thu Apr 02, 2020 9:39 pm
So you canít use a ramp but if you live on the water or your boats on the water you can use you boat? The government has not got a handle on anything one person gets a treatment turns out fine the other person does not get the treatment dies same factors go figure. Interview with doctor at John Hopkins if you or your family members gets this would you prescribe this this and this. Answer without saying yes! well depends on conditions what they donít say is we think we have a answer but not the meds to treat the masses. We are being played with you get this stuff if you have not already had it tell the you want everything because they are not going to give it until you are looking at a vent.   

FrankieB
Fri Apr 03, 2020 7:38 am
Farrington ramp at Jordan lake is open.
as far as i know, all others are closed there.

232G
Fri Apr 03, 2020 7:53 am
Here is the NC Wildlfe Director. Gordon S. Myers . Send him an email, let him know.

gordon.myers@ncwildlife.org <gordon>

Phone number Executive Director
919-707-0151

Page link,

https://www.ncwildlife.org/Contacts#551693-h2directors-officeh2

232g / 4/0

MealOnReels
Fri Apr 03, 2020 8:10 am
Masonboro Island...Closed   

PirateJuan
Fri Apr 03, 2020 1:09 pm
Womp Wooooomp

New Hanover County set to close all boat ramps on Friday

NEW HANOVER COUNTY, N.C. (WECT) - New Hanover County plans to close all boat ramps within the county on Friday, according to commission chair Julia Olson-Boseman.

Olson-Boseman said that the county received permission from the state to allow the closures and is currently working on issuing the order, which should be released Friday afternoon.

ďIím just listening to the healthcare people," she said. ďI donít want our hospital overwhelmed, if possible. Iím just trying to save lives.Ē

The boat ramp closures are expected to go into effect on Friday. The exact time of the closures is unknown at this time.

Olson-Boseman added that the mayors of Wilmington, Wrightsville Beach, Carolina Beach, and Kure Beach are aware of the pending order and support the decision.

https://www.wect.com/2020/04/03/new-hanover-county-set-close-all-boat-ramps-friday/

KatfishKayak
Fri Apr 03, 2020 3:15 pm
Report I just read said boat ramps AND marinas.

The worse this thing gets, the more I can't help thinking maybe this is the best thing to do. People, in their masses, simply can't be trusted to do the right thing. I'm already hearing some captains planning group trips out of the neighboring counties.

Here's a tip, there's no way to sanitize a boat while underway with strangers aboard. Don't care how much social distancing you implement.

Jump to: