Speaker Question - SaltwaterCentral.Com

vanatta22
Sun Sep 09, 2018 6:50 pm
Ok I have a small question but I dont know the answer to it. Last time I was out on the boat I turned my radio on and listened to music the whole time I was fishing. When I went come in and turned it up pretty high ( not as high as itll go but just up to hear over the ride in). The speakers went out completely. The radio itself stayed on the whole time just no sound. I just turned it off since I was driving. I sat back down on my way in and fished some more and thought id try it. Came right back on at a normal volume level. I tested it and turned it back up while messing around with some sharks. Right back off they went. Im not sure why or what is kicking them off. My wild guess would be something to do with amplifier. Please help. Thank you.

steve-a
Sun Sep 09, 2018 7:40 pm
I think you will find that the internal amp is going into protection mode. I'm not sure of your set up, model, etc., but when you try to drive multiple speakers from just the built in amp ( I dont know if thats your setup ) thats common when turning the volume on high.

Some units operate better than others. I personally have always used external amps and never had any issues.

vanatta22
Sun Sep 09, 2018 9:29 pm
Last time was the first time that it has every happened to me. All the times before it has been good

Chaos
Mon Sep 10, 2018 3:02 am
If you have an external amp it is going into protection mode. Too much heat. Maybe a weak ground? or amp dying.  

Thereeldbone
Tue Sep 11, 2018 3:16 am
I had a bad ground on my battery cutoff switch. I was making my stereo cut in and out. Cleaned it and dielectric grease and seems fine. Check your ground at the battery.  

vanatta22
Tue Sep 11, 2018 12:25 pm
You know you guys just may be genius! I didnt even think to look at that becuase everything else was working fine BUT that last time I was down the marina had put a new battery in for me. I dont know if thats the issue but sounds like a start. You are talking about the connection inside the red box cutoff switch right. There has been a new battery and cutoff switch box thing put on since its started.

Jump to: