Marine financing - SaltwaterCentral.Com

Aquaholicnc
Tue Feb 05, 2019 12:04 am
Guys, I am considering a move from the mortgage business into Marine finance. It lines up better with something I truly love.

I am looking for your experiences, both good and bad with companies you may have used in the past.

Thank you in advance!

Loan Officer with Atlantic Bay Mortgage, Surf City NC
(Shameless plug^^^^)
“Success is nothing more than a few simple disciplines, practiced every day.”

fishing-misfit
Wed Feb 06, 2019 11:42 am
I purchased a new 24' bay boat in Nov. The dealership said they don't do anything with the financing portion other than the sale, but it worked out perfect. He gave me a couple business cards for boat finance companies. I was still on the fence about which boat I was buying between 3 different manufactures/dealers. I called the finance company in Wilmington, gave them the number of the highest price boat (before neg.) I was looking at with the sale tax cap and told him what I would be putting down in cash. He told me to go on their website and complete credit app, he called within one hour and told me everything was ready to send to the dealership I choose. I liked getting with financing guys myself, not being 100% sure on which boat I was getting but I was set up with pre-approval for either boat I was looking at. I did purchased the boat from the dealership that gave me the financial company info, but was nice to have the option.

wampler24
Thu Feb 07, 2019 8:21 pm
I financed with Essex (Bank of the West) It would take me hours to explain the headache I had to go through.

My only piece of advice would be to stay in contact with your customers. Don't make them chase you down. I went with them simply because their interest rates were the lowest around but dealing with them, getting all of the info they needed and I needed was an absolute nightmare. Took 2 months to get the money to the seller because of all the BS they forgot to send me or him. Lots and lots of shipping of paperwork.... I think I would gladly now pay a little higher interest rate for better service. I dread selling the boat because I know fo the headache I face.

flatbottom
Thu Feb 14, 2019 11:34 am
I sent you a PM
www.facebook.com/redbuoyinvestments

Jump to: