New - Used Truck Dealer Recommendations - SaltwaterCentral.Com
Adam B. Meyer, Esq. Maritime Insurance International 843.606.5270 Office &#\1; 910.202.4308 Direct adam@maritimeii.com &#\1; maritimeii.com

marker39
Thu Nov 21, 2019 6:13 pm
Ok, I'm ready to part with my 17 year old Tundra with 217,000 miles.

Still runs like a champ and everything works, but time to move on.

There was a discussion on here a while back about personal experiences with local and out of town car dealers.

Would like some more feedback on that.

Looking for a Tacoma this time due to the size of the new Tundra's and I really don't have anything that big to pull anyway.

Thanks for any input on a good place to look new or used, and don't mind driving a 100 miles or so either if it is worth it!

Bobby

plasticpeddler
Sat Nov 23, 2019 1:52 pm
Click the help button and type Tundra in the search box. I bought my tundra from Pinehurst. Smoked everybody. Tim bought his from Modern in Winston. They were 3rd on my list. Town and Country in Charlotte had the 2nd best price for me but I never had intentions of driving that far.
We all concluded Toyota of Wilmington is a joke.

Good Luck

marker39
Mon Nov 25, 2019 6:12 pm
Thanks for your help!

I really appreciate it.

I agree with the Wilmington conclusion.

Bobby

Timorjc
Tue Feb 18, 2020 9:03 am
Modern Toyota in Winston Salem. Wes Wheeler 336-408-7259.

Tell him Tim in Wilmington sent you. Call me if you need anything. My number is 910-470-8184.
Tim
Kingfish Electrical Service

PirateJuan
Thu Feb 20, 2020 8:49 am
Auto Wholesale in Wilmington is worth a look. They are a little different than most of the other dealerships around. I'm not sure how they get their inventory, but they have a bunch of baaarely used cars/trucks with like 5k-15k miles on them. If you're right on the line between wanting new/used, might be something to check out. They don't always have a huge selection of tacomas (just looked and they have 5 right now), but they are cheaper than buying new ones.

Also, by different, I mean that their margins don't seem to be huge. They price their vehicles at a point where they are decently priced, but won't really budge much. For instance, they have a 2020 Limited 4x4 with 1.2k miles for $36k. Someone else can weigh in, but I would guess that truck is $40k (45k-50k MSRP) at Hendrick brand new?

They also don't have their guys out there hounding you like some of the new car places. You have to pretty much track down a sales guy to grab the keys to look at something. I personally like that approach. I used to work at an auto finance company way back in the day. When I'd run some paperwork over to Jeff Gordon Chevrolet, for instance, I'd always start to turn one direction in the parking lot then turn back the other way to watch the sales guys standing out front shift. It was like juking defensive backs out of their shoes. Those were the days... Anyway, I much prefer the left alone approach, even if I have to wait around to ask a question.

Anyway, just my 2 cents. I'm not a dealer, just another guy in the market for a Tacoma. Although, my sweet spot is 2016 or newer, under 100k miles, quad cab, 4WD, $25k or less. If you find one, shoot me a message. Found lots for 28ish, so still waiting to pull the trigger.

Jump to: