How to remove Oxidation from Gelcoat Video [I made!] - SaltwaterCentral.Com

cheeks
Mon Apr 08, 2019 2:10 am
Just published a youtube video on how to remove oxidation from your boats gelcoat. Let me know what you think. If you have any questions Im happy to help. Brian

https://youtu.be/uiH7F6z02t4

[youtube]https://youtu.be/uiH7F6z02t4[/youtube]

roberth
Tue Feb 11, 2020 1:12 pm
Great Videos. Have been polishing for years and not getting it to last. Just this year had discovered the difference in using the polishing compound after the heavy cut. What a difference! More clarity and depth! Should make the wax last longer for sure.

Thanks for the time to make these videos as they are confirming the right way to do it!

Interesting the comparison on the Makita to the HF polisher. I have been using the HF polisher all along as that was best I could do at the time, and not aware of the difference in how they operate. I have found that over time, they begin to show their cheapness, but do get the job done. However, I have also found that maintaining the right constant speed is important, which the HF models can't maintain. I was not aware of the no load speed

Next adding to arsenal, is a professional polisher. Birthday coming soon! Wish me luck!

By the way, have you ever worked with the ceramic coatings?

I just visited my local Majestic Solutions store and picked up some more of their Vibra Cut compound (excellent product) and CP2 Cut & Polish. I like the Shurhold Pro Polish for the synthetic wax coat and they advised to use their spray Shock IT Ceramic Coating to enhance life of the wax. It is easy to use....just spray on and wipe till dry. They compared it to the F11, but said it tested to last much longer.

I have to say, it is so slick and glossy, it is amazing. What I like with the Shock IT is that it is so quick and easy to do a quick wipe over the boat, it might get me through the summer without the heavy oxidation I have every season. Fingers crossed!

Jump to: