11 Posts
7 Users
0 Reactions
29.1 K Views
Jeff Laufer
(@)
Active Member Registered
Topic starter  

Someone stole 6 custom trolling rods w/ Penn International reels, a spinning rod and 2 pomponete gaffs off my boat Friday night. If anyone has any info, PLEASE shoot me an email or give me a call. 910-212-2222.
Thanks!

john walker
(@)
Reputable Member Registered

crap sorry to hear that where was the boat located? was it in the open or locked up

ReplyQuote
Jeff Laufer
(@)
Active Member Registered
Topic starter  

Boat was at Creekside YC in Wilmington. Under full cover. Nothing was in site.

ReplyQuote
Andy Duskie
(@)
Noble Member Registered

Boat was at Creekside YC in Wilmington. Under full cover. Nothing was in site.

Sounds like someone knew what you had and where you had it. Sorry to hear about that. Good luck with your search. Did you have them marked in anyway?

ReplyQuote
Jeff Laufer
(@)
Active Member Registered
Topic starter  

The gear is VERY identifiable. There are 4 rigs that have Penn internationals #30 (older model) w/ clear 30lb mono and black swivel mounted on white custom trolling rods. Black, red, gold wrapping on the roller guides. Aluminum Aftco butts. 2 rigs have same rods w/ Penn #50 Special Edition reels. Placard from IGFA on the reels! Line is blue/gray.
4' and 6' Black Pomponette gaffs. Black Aftco spinning rod w/ Penn 5500 (black/gold).
Also, another boat had custom gear and tackle stolen. Rods were lime green.

ReplyQuote
Mike
 Mike
(@)
Estimable Member Registered

ReplyQuote
carolinashooter
(@)
Trusted Member Registered

Looks like your stuff may be sitting in southern VA. Description of seller looks like he/she may be a pawn shop.

ReplyQuote
Jeff Laufer
(@)
Active Member Registered
Topic starter  

Thanks for all your help. Through several connections we've been able to get all our gear back. We fed the info to Wilmington police detectives. They got it back on Thursday. Thief worked at the marina. Now he has some serious charges to contend with.

ReplyQuote
john walker
(@)
Reputable Member Registered

needs an ass beating

ReplyQuote
James
(@)
Noble Member Registered

Was that your stuff on EBAY? Just wondering if it made it that far?

ReplyQuote
Scott Deagan
(@)
New Member Registered

I'm happy that they caught the person who stole your things! I have registered everything I own on http://www.searchforstolen.com. I once had an apple iMac (and other things) stolen from my home, but thanks to people checking things on searchforstolen.com before they buy, I managed to get my iMac back Smile

ReplyQuote