FAst and easy way to keep pre-rigged wire leader - SaltwaterCentral.Com

Liquid_Addiction
Fri Jun 09, 2006 7:04 am
1. Go to your local hardware store and purchase a 10' section of 1/2" PVC and 4 PVC end caps.
2. Cut one section of your PVC the same length that you would like your leaders. I prefer 48" leaders on all my rigs so I have cut mine 48".
3. Cut the second section of PVC around 10" long. This will be used to hold your branch leader. I normaly
use bait that range from 6" to 8". This will allow for extra wire to make your haywire twist.
4. Place one of your end caps on one end of both pieces of PVC.

5. Now you can slide your wire inside the tubes and cut them off. You will have pre-measured and consistent leaders every time you get ready to tie your rigs.
6. I always attach a "Spro" 50lb. barrell swivel to one end of my leader using a HAYWIRE TWIST http://www.fryingpantower.com/modules.php?name=Content&pa=showpage&pid=37 after I have cut them to be stored in my tube. This will have you a step ahead when you get started making your rigs.

feeshnfinatic
Fri Jun 09, 2006 10:12 am
pretty smart Steve, thanks for sharing
David

chuckc
Thu Jul 06, 2006 7:04 pm
Tried your tip and it worked fantastically. Thanks for something I wouldnt have thought of.

dirtymagic
Fri Feb 23, 2007 6:20 pm
When you showed the picture of the pvc tubes you reminded me of a tip i saw somewhere in a magazine where a guy made sections of 2" pvc filled it with some water with enough room to expand and not brake and he would freeze them and then they would go right in his cooler. no melting water in the bottom. You can make them at predetermined lenghts to fit any size cooler... Thought that was a great idea as is yours. Just fill em up with water, glue on two caps and you'll have years of good ice tubes....  

BigE
Sat Feb 24, 2007 9:13 pm
My late grandfather did that Steve. He worked in a machine shop making pacemakers. He made gadgets for everything. He made a clamp out of wood for taking 2 piece rods apart when they were stuck together.  

Jump to: