Home Grown Remedies - SaltwaterCentral.Com

Liquid_Addiction
Fri Jun 09, 2006 6:54 am
I have made this form for everyone to "Share" some of your remedies that you have found to be useful in boating and fishing. This is the forum that you can tell everyone just how many uses you have for PVC and fishing line. If you have come up with a "Homegrown" solution to a problem on your boat then We want to see it here.

loosealot
Sun Nov 12, 2006 11:12 am
I don't get to go much, but one problem I run into is the salt water spray getting on my glasses and when you try to wipe it off it smears unless you have windex on board with a clean rag. What I found is if you put a little rainex on your glasses the water will run off from the wind as you are runnig. Another thing is clear wrap, just a little across the lens and just peal it off. The clear wrap works real good when your useing spray paint or a roller and get splatter on your glasses.  

Reel_Trouble

Thu Nov 16, 2006 9:51 pm
I keep Armorol glass wipes on the boat for my glasses, sunglasses and consol windshield. Can pick them up at Wal-mart, Advanced Auto  

TheGeneral
Thu Nov 16, 2006 11:37 pm
If your throat feels kinda scratchy and ya feel kinda yucky just go to your local "stumphole"dealer, add a little honey, a little lemon juice, brown sugar, tea or coke whatever you prefer and get under the covers. It will make you all better te next day.  

BILLFISHIN
Fri Nov 17, 2006 10:18 am
Beer huggies to hold your spools of line. Keeps them from un spooling all over the place. Plus doesnt everyone have like 50 beer huggies in a box.  

loosealot
Fri Nov 17, 2006 11:06 pm
I remeber when I was a kid in Buffalo N.Y. , the first sign of a cold my dad would take 2 slices of bread with butter ,a couple slices of onion salt pepper and make me eat that with a glass of milk, then a 8oz glass of hot water just as hot as i could drink, 1 shot of wiskey and a teaspoon full of sugar, drink it streight down and get in bed wrap up good and sweat that cold out. As a kid i didn't miss very much school. Another good remedy for any kind of burn is put a good coat of yellow mustard on it and let it dry, better than any store bought grap I've found.  

robby
Thu Jan 08, 2009 3:01 pm
now guys i know you will cringe when you read this, but when youre a ameture and got a couple of reels to strip; try this. take a sharp utility knife and just start cutting across the line being carefull not to cut the reel or yourself. it work a lot better than tying on a 4oz sinker and throwing it out the window at 65mph. lol lol lol lol . I KNOW SOME OF YOU GUYS HAVE TRIED THIS.

Dialed In Fishing Team

31 Cape Horn

CiscoKid
Thu Dec 08, 2011 4:30 pm
Ever use those rooster tail lures with that ‘hair’ around the hook?
Ever have them dry funny and get all gummed up?
Stick them in warm water and then place the lure end in a drill chuck and spin dry.
Results in the ‘hair’ part looking like new!

Capt_Rich
Sat Feb 06, 2016 7:50 am
Leg cramps; If you suffer from leg cramps at all, put a bar of soap in your sheets they will go away.  

Capt.Barbosa
Sat Feb 06, 2016 9:26 am
For getting old line off a reel, I still like to use the drill method, very simple and quick.

Items needed: a bottle with cap (gatorade bottle, 2 liter botttle, etc), a 1-2 inch fully threaded screw (the screw needs to be able to grab to plastic and fully thread to the head) and a drill.

Take the cap from the bottle and screw from the inside in the dead center of the cap. put the screw all the way in, try not to strip. Screw the cap back on the bottle. Then insert end of screw into drill, and then test to make sure not to much wobble. Now just tape the end of your old line to the bottle and let the big dog eat.

Old plastic coffee containers make great downrigger ball storage. I put aliitle cushion (towel, foam) in the bottom to make sure it doesn't beat the hull.

The cylinder kool-aid containers make great lead storage on the boat. Each size has it own container labeled, I just grab the ones that will most suite my fishing needs that day.

Fish on!!!

David20675
Sun Feb 07, 2016 11:29 am
Jelly fish encounter , p on it burn will stop, but use your own !!!  

cantgitright
Wed Mar 02, 2016 6:32 pm
Noodle pool floats make great king rig storage  

Jump to: