Aerial Images on Charts - SaltwaterCentral.Com

SlackTide
Wed May 22, 2019 6:28 pm
I'm pretty sure it was in this forum that I saw someone asking the other day about satellite maps for finding spots and whether or not they were useful. I use the Navionics Platinum+ card when Iím on the water and couldnít be happier with the aerial shots and satellite overlay. It shows me flats (more importantly, edges of flats) and points I want to target. I also just saw in West Marine the other day that itís $30 off this month.

Hopefully that helps whoever was asking.

This is a screenshot from my phone. My plotter is actually better definition.

captfields_sc
Fri May 31, 2019 2:36 am
No doubt about it. Very happy with the satellite imagery overlay on my Platinum+ chart card. Plus, just updated the other day and got the new SonarChart Shading feature. Whoa Nellie! The 1ft contours jump out at me in this new shading form. Can't wait to explore and target areas using this new feature. Definitely can't beat the sale going on right now for anyone interested. I just beat the deadline by a couple days.

captfields_sc
Fri May 31, 2019 2:36 am
No doubt about it. Very happy with the satellite imagery overlay on my Platinum+ chart card. Plus, just updated the other day and got the new SonarChart Shading feature. Whoa Nellie! The 1ft contours jump out at me in this new shading form. Can't wait to explore and target areas using this new feature. Definitely can't beat the sale going on right now for anyone interested. I just beat the deadline by a couple days.

glacierbaze
Sat Jun 01, 2019 12:22 am
Not to criticize, but you gotta admit, itís kind of funny to see someone boasting of their upgrade in technology by double posting, and not being able to edit the second post.  

glacierbaze
Sat Jun 01, 2019 12:23 am
:)edit to add:( I take that back. I did exactly the same thing, and have no idea why I double posted. I know I only hit submit once.  

Jump to: