Carolina skiff 21 foot LS model - SaltwaterCentral.Com

gshivar
Wed Mar 04, 2020 11:59 am
My son is looking at the 21' LS. I am not familiar wiht that model.I would appriceate any thoughts, pro or con. Thank you glenn shivar  

cannonball
Wed Mar 04, 2020 2:44 pm
It's the flat bottom good one.  

fishing-misfit
Thu Mar 05, 2020 6:11 am
It's the new model Carolina Skiff that is replacing the long time DLV hull, the hull appears to be like the DLV but it has a interior liner to appear more of a finished interior instead of utility type boat.
Just my opinion after owning a Carolina skiff from new purchase in 2006 until 2018
Pro
Shallow draft
Very stable, I was caught a few miles off the beach when the weather made a drastic change, more times than I wanted. Had to work my way back in through nasty conditions, never felt unsafe.
Deck space is a plus compared to many V-hull boats
"Previously" cost, but you got what you paid for. With the new liner system, one would assume the cost has increased
Con
It's a skiff skimming the surface on plane, ride not so great. The LS may be a little softer if the new liner system is foam filled. But they can be a harsh ride in rough water.
I just looked at specs on the LS 23' model, dry weight is about the same as my 24' bay boat with composite T-top. Previously people could tow the carolina skiff with almost any size vehicle because they were lightweight. The LS models are heavier due to added liners in the boats. Due to tow vehicle size, this makes a difference to some people buying decision.
Quality - I have no comment, but you are welcome to PM me

Due to how a Carolina skiff DLV / LS hull planes and now the LS has added weight with liner system, I personally would not buy one with engine smaller than max HP

gshivar
Thu Mar 05, 2020 8:42 am
Thank you very much for your replies. best - glenn  

Jump to: