Keep our ramps open - SaltwaterCentral.Com

Goto page Previous  1, 2

gshivar
Fri Apr 03, 2020 5:21 pm
Katfish.. I agree.Stay well.  

aftergolf
Fri Apr 03, 2020 6:35 pm
This is such a huge government over reach. My boat is wet slipped in a private marina. There is no way the state government can prevent me from going down the ICW and into the ocean to fish with my family in my own boat.
This is complete horse s*&t!!!!

stevehes
Fri Apr 03, 2020 10:41 pm
Got to agree.
I have a slip in front of the house, so I canít take my boat out with my wife and go fishing and not be within miles of another soul?
Thereís so many other options to deal with the douche bags at Masonboro and other similar meeting places. Thereís not many of these places in the state, put some of the many many agency officers on the water at those few locations for a couple of weekends and maybe they get the message.

I donít downplay the huge significance of the threat this virus presents, I know people who have lost loved ones already, but we need to try to preserve way of life as much as possible as we fight through it. This order is Iíll informed knee jerk reaction.

Steve

Contender 25 200 Verados
Contender 23 - SOLD

KatfishKayak
Sat Apr 04, 2020 9:12 am
So the suggestion is to put "many many agency officers" at even higher risk than they already are, just so you can go play in your boat?

First of all, if you have a private slip at your home, then from reading the order, it sounds like the rule doesn't apply to you. Private marina, on the other hand, is completely under the purview of local government, and they absolutely CAN tell that business to shut down. I honestly don't know what that means for boats in wet slips, but as long as you don't need dockhands, fuel, or supplies, then I would guess you could go down and take your boat out. I can't imagine there's going to be anyone standing at the gate to stop you. It would probably behoove you to make a few calls and find out before you do, though. Your choice.

If you have a beef with someone about this, you need to focus that beef on the jackasses who think they can game the system... like the folks who are still advertising charters out of other counties ("Hey, New Hanover is closed, but we're still open! Come fish with us!"), or the folks who have, in no uncertain terms, said they'll do what they damned well want on their boats. You can beef at the guys who have continued to plan trips with their friends right out loud on social media, as well as the ones who have quietly refused to comply. And be as pissed as you want, but you should know it isn't going to change what's already happened. It would have been irresponsibly negligent for a county with a high population density like New Hanover not to respond as it has.

It's been a long time since this country has had to face these kinds of personal sacrifices (since WWII, really), and I know it's hard for most of us to wrap our minds around. I'd guess that the majority of people in this forum weren't around or old enough to remember all the limitations on personal liberty, shortages and rationing of goods, blackouts, etc. from that period. I also realize that this virus doesn't have the same visibility as a global military conflict. But it is every bit as serious, and we need to treat it that way.

This isn't about any individual, it's about protecting millions. And yeah, it sucks that this is impacting our ability to do something that we enjoy. I have no doubt that, barring some major turnaround in this virus, a statewide shutdown is probably imminent. So suck it up, buttercup... the worst is probably yet to come.
Canyon Wren - Parker 2320 SC - 300hp Yamaha

rdnkvet
Sat Apr 04, 2020 9:18 am
Well said!

Olddrum_72
Sat Apr 04, 2020 6:43 pm
Want to take my boat out Next Fri and do some fishing, engine rebuild is done and now this outbreak!!! Litterly haven't fished in 6 months and itching to go Offshore.

I am willing Pay $ for a Private boat ramp. If anyone has any information about any, or knows anyone that do plz Pm me.

If you can point me in the right direction I whould appreciate it.

​​​​​Thx

AboutTime2Fish
Sat Apr 04, 2020 6:43 pm
Not disagreeing with you, but what sux is there is no reason we can not continue to enjoy our boats in a safe, socially distant manner. But idiots donít want to play smart. Heck my neighbors across the street have 3 vehicles there that donít belong and all are drinking in the garage.

paynefish
Mon Apr 06, 2020 7:20 am
That is exactly the reason. Last Saturday looked like Memorial Day with folks on Carrot and Sugar Loaf Islands. Tents set up, just like it was ordinary circumstances. THOSE are the ones that are going to muck it up for the ones trying to do right.

The Happy Place

AboutTime2Fish
Mon Apr 06, 2020 8:05 am
Well at least some of that should not have been an issue this last weekend.

https://deq.nc.gov/about/divisions/coastal-management/nc-coastal-reserve-and-national-estuarine-research-reserve

Jump to: