post Matthew kings with Dad - SaltwaterCentral.Com

meine001
Tue Oct 18, 2016 6:13 pm
My father is visiting from inland Georgia. I have been hoping to get him out for some fall kings, but after the storm, I was a little worried. Pre fished on my own Thursday and struck out-- no bait, ugly brown water, no kings. I was worried. Took Dad the last 2 days out of MBI yesterday started 10 miles out. water turned from brown to green at about 6 miles, and I was starting to have some hope. found a nice class of kings (10-20 lbs) in the 10 mile range. no bait, no birds, but there were scattered fish all day. Today started at the dredge wreck and worked off to 21 miles, hoping to find a mahi or two. Water green from 6 miles out again and didn't seem to change at all out to 21 miles. lots of bait at the dredge and the schoolhouse. Sharks, including a hammerhead at the dredge, but no kings. caught 1 king lost 1 at the schoolhouse and then found a group of typical fall schoolie kings (much smaller than yesterday) a few miles farther out. limited out on these. all in all a great two days. It is a gift to be able to take my Dad out and find him fish after he did it for me for years...  

Mac284
Tue Oct 18, 2016 6:39 pm
Glad you found some. Fish seem to be scarce since the storm.  

Stimy
Tue Oct 18, 2016 7:09 pm
Thanks for the report!! Most folks this time of the year are so tight-lipped about the kings over the tournaments. I personally don't fish the tournaments, but I do live to catch the fall schoolie kings!! Most importantly, I'm glad you put your dad on some fish!

CW66
Wed Oct 19, 2016 11:20 pm
here's to Family and good times, Cheers!
2015 Sportsman Masters 207 Bay
2009 Southport 26CC w/Twin Yami 250\'s - (Sold)

\"I play with Electricity!\"

Jump to: