Oak island flounder - SaltwaterCentral.Com

Bigboy5412
Sat Jun 29, 2019 3:27 am
So I am putting in at 55th street boat landing. I am capable of hitting AR with 15 miles and back waters. I want to catch some flounder and put my kids on some fun fishing. What should I look for in fishing spots, baits and so on? I have tried just live mullet and pogie on Carolina rigs it seems I must be missing something everything but flounder are hitting those. Using a 12-18 inch leader. Tipped 1 oz bucktails arenít producing either. WhT am I doing wrong?  

ward35
Sat Jun 29, 2019 2:59 pm
I would target the AR,s. Your using the best baits. Slow drift an area or Cast the entire area around the boat if you anchor. Keep moving until you find them. Changes in tide can quickly turn the bite on of off. Sometimes its just slow fishing.  

Bigboy5412
Sat Jun 29, 2019 10:13 pm
Thank you!  

RonJon1011
Sun Jun 30, 2019 3:07 pm
You are doing the right thing. Problem is the flounder are all hung up in nets. shrug  

Trazor
Sun Jun 30, 2019 3:23 pm
Look for structure on your bottom machine and fish around it depending on which way the tide is moving. I like to do a controlled drift once Iíve figured out current, wind, etc. 2 ounce spro buck tails work best for me tipped with gulps. Lots of small seabass will bite the jig but flounder will to.Sometimes certain structure will hold lots of flounder tight together so I like to mark spots where I catch multiple.  

cantgitright
Sun Jun 30, 2019 7:27 pm
Plenty of flounder to be caught around oki Try the jigs with a 3 inch gulp or grub of your choice. We been gettin our limits before lunch the last few weeks but they have been eating the smaller baits (JIGS) vs the bigger pogies we were catching them on in early june.  

Jump to: