Wahoo - SaltwaterCentral.Com

NCSUWolfpack33
Tue Aug 27, 2019 8:16 pm
In your opinion, what month(s) are best to target the big (60+) wahoo? Iím new to this and really would like to make a wahoo off my hit list. Thanks!  

werewolf0711
Tue Aug 27, 2019 8:35 pm
Usually the first full moon in August is the time to start gearing for wahoo. The bigger ones last year all came in the dead of winter. But there are usually plenty hagning around to be had. Moon, tides and all that play a big role

Team Kraken
JB Custom Rods
Check US out on Facebook!
McAttacK Fishing Team

www.mcattackfishing.com

Toad
Tue Aug 27, 2019 11:58 pm
This is Wahoo time now but like Werewolf said, winter, if you can get out is the time for the bigger fish. You don't usually load the box but the fish seem to run larger. We have caught most of our citation size fish December thru Feb. Good luck.

Key West 2300CC Bluewater
SOLD.
Raleigh/Atlantic Beach NC.
\"Dirty D\"

Jdyer28412
Wed Aug 28, 2019 1:35 am
I'm the new guy so forgive me if I speak out of turn. We do a lot of king , dolphin, and inshore fishing but I'm curious to know what kind of gear you would need for a 60 pound fish? Also, I hear the bigger ones like 100 feet of water or more, which would be about 35-40 miles? Thanks for all the helpful information! Great site.  

Last edited by Jdyer28412 on Wed Aug 28, 2019 1:39 am; edited 2 times in total

Jdyer28412
Wed Aug 28, 2019 1:37 am
NCSUWolfpack33 wrote:
In your opinion, what month(s) are best to target the big (60+) wahoo? Iím new to this and really would like to make a wahoo off my hit list. Thanks!

Toad
Wed Aug 28, 2019 11:14 am
30-50 lb. class tackle will get it done. It will take a little longer to land a bigger wahoo on 30lb. class but we have done it plenty of times. 50 lb. is what I would suggest for bigger wahoo. I have to ask, How do you target 60 lb. class wahoo? We target wahoo all the time but we don't always catch 60lb. fish. Give me the secret to catching Big Wahoo. Good luck.

Key West 2300CC Bluewater
SOLD.
Raleigh/Atlantic Beach NC.
\"Dirty D\"

werewolf0711
Thu Aug 29, 2019 2:59 pm
Jdyer28412 wrote:
I'm the new guy so forgive me if I speak out of turn. We do a lot of king , dolphin, and inshore fishing but I'm curious to know what kind of gear you would need for a 60 pound fish? Also, I hear the bigger ones like 100 feet of water or more, which would be about 35-40 miles? Thanks for all the helpful information! Great site.

All we use are Tyrnos 30 2 speed reels for top lines. International 30 for our planer and we catch our fair share. When offshore targeting them itís not as much of a challenge as say landing one on 20# mono while live bait fishing for kings. Typically when you find one love baiting itís gonna be a really good one.

Typically targeting them will be 100 plus feet of water over some structure that is holding bait of some sort.

Team Kraken
JB Custom Rods
Check US out on Facebook!
McAttacK Fishing Team

www.mcattackfishing.com

Jump to: