Will the RFA support alternatives to catch shares, closures, and derby fisheries? - SaltwaterCentral.Com
Fishermans Post

ChrisMcCaffity
Sun Oct 14, 2012 9:15 pm
I have reached out to the RFA, CCA, and many other organizations trying to get them to support SOLUTIONS for managing commercial snapper/grouper quotas. I asked for their solutions if they did not like mine. All I seem to get is criticism, complaints, and lectures about how we need to change the MSA or that I should not talk with certain organizations. The shallow-water grouper fishery will close on Oct. 20, 2012. There will be no more legal fish of any value left to catch with possession limits high enough to make a trip. Please think about how you would like it if you had no income through the holidays. Holly Binns from PEW had the courage to debate me about the solutions I have been offering and even agreed with many of them. I challenge anyone reading this to have a discussion with me about how we can solve some very real problems in the short-term as we work toward long-term goals. You can read my solutions at this link if you are not familiar with them. http://www.freefish7.com/fishery-plan.html  

ChrisMcCaffity
Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:16 pm
Here is a link to my discussion with Holly if anyone is interested in seeing how people with different opinions can agree to disagree on some issues while working together on others. http://www.freefish7.com/pew-discussion.html

Remember, your silence passively supports the gross mismanagement of our fisheries that is wasting our resources, compromising our safety at sea, and financially devastating commercial fishing families during the holidays.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." Edmond Burke

"The price of apathy is to be ruled by evil men." Plato

Jump to: