Oak island/south port, upwards of 30 miles out - SaltwaterCentral.Com

Bigboy5412
Mon Apr 02, 2018 1:15 pm
So since i am new to salt water fishing i guess coming to the pro's for fishing location and maybe set up's is the best idea. I cant go off shore but i feel like i can at least make frying pan. Does Dave make maps for near shore and not completely offshore fishing. looking for top and bottom fishing. starting wednesday going through saturday if weather permits on a 20' pioneer.  

steve-a
Mon Apr 02, 2018 6:26 pm
Not to be a jerk but, Frying pan tower is 40plus miles out there, so it's certainly in that "offshore" category.

Wednesday through Saturday is not going to be weather I would want to be out there in a 20' footer, so be careful. The ocean can kick your butt.

If you are new to offshore fishing I would strongly suggest hiring a captain to teach you the ropes. Many will fish off your boat and teach you. Its invaluable time spent.

Good luck.

Xplosive
Mon Apr 02, 2018 8:02 pm
You may have a window on Friday if we are lucky to get out offshore. Other than that, I would strongly suggest staying at the dock in a 20ft Pioneer or staying in the back water or very close to shore. Not a good idea to be out in those seas with such a small boat. Other than that take the suggestion of hiring a captain or post on forum for Fishing w/ Friends and find someone who has been out in the area and hook up with them.  

Wes
Tue Apr 03, 2018 4:46 am
I would suggest you learn your technique on the nearshore AR's such as Yaupon and McGlammery then work your way farther offshore after you get some experience

Bigboy5412
Tue Apr 03, 2018 11:57 am
Thank you for the advice. I will see if i can find a captain to show me the ropes. I have fished Yaupon on my own before, i have not ventured further out than that though  

Jump to: