Raymarine E120 help - SaltwaterCentral.Com

cbwhite
Mon Sep 03, 2018 3:05 pm
I jus t recently purchased a boat from Florida. I can't get the unit to recognize my location. The screen is still showing being in Florida. Any help would be appreciated.

Titan
Mon Sep 03, 2018 9:20 pm
Might have to reset the unit. Before you do this be sure to have all your waypoint data/tracks etc.. saved on a memory card because it will probably delete all the data stored in the Machine. If it is a new unit, try peeling off the screen protector with the FL map on it. Just Kidding.

1.Press the MENU key, then scroll down to the "System Setup" option, and toggle the track pad right.
2.Scroll down to the "Settings and Data Reset" option and toggle the track pad right.
3.Under the word "Factory Reset?" press the softkey corresponding to YES. The display will restart momentarily.
4.The display should reboot into normal operating mode.

http://www.raymarine.com/knowledgebase/index.cfm?view=3795

Here is another option

https://www.thehulltruth.com/marine-electronics-forum/533800-raymarine-e120-issue.html

captfields_sc
Fri Sep 07, 2018 10:00 am
More than likely the reset will do the trick. As stated above, just make sure to save your settings, waypoints, etc.. on sd card first. Also, be sure to update your unit to the latest available update possible if not already.

Another thing you can do in the future if your cursor is where you are not and if you have been panning around on the chart is to clear the cursor and the location will be reset to your current position. (the crosshair symbol).

captfields_sc
Fri Sep 07, 2018 10:00 am
More than likely the reset will do the trick. As stated above, just make sure to save your settings, waypoints, etc.. on sd card first. Also, be sure to update your unit to the latest available update possible if not already.

Another thing you can do in the future if your cursor is where you are not and if you have been panning around on the chart is to clear the cursor and the location will be reset to your current position. (the crosshair symbol).

rockhound
Fri Sep 07, 2018 3:27 pm
shouldnt have to reset,Prob a gps antennae prob,I trailer mine back and forth to the keys and never had to reset,Location locks on as soon as gps picks up sats!  

cbwhite
Sat Sep 08, 2018 7:59 am
Thanks guys. It was the battery that was dead up top in the radar.

Jump to: