Mbi kings late report - SaltwaterCentral.Com

meine001
Thu Jun 06, 2019 4:45 pm
Late report: Headed out mbi on a beautiful afternoon, May28 (day after Memorial Day). Had to work in the morning so didnít leave the inlet til noon. Fished customary spots in the 10 mile range without a single strike on pirate plugs/cigar minnows. Wasnít sure if it was the heat (air temp 95) or the day (day after holiday weekend) or just a bad fisherman (me). Headed in a little bummed and a lot sunburned and caught a few spanish at the inlet for dinner instead. I had basically given up on nearshore kings until the fall until I saw Daveís post about nearshore kings being on fire and decided to try one more time. Headed out Saturday at dawn to a spot a little closer to shore. Much different day. Had 2 kings on before i could get a third line in. Ended up with about 20 schoolie kings in 90 mins. Then headed in to pick up my son (he had been taking the SAT) and as soon as he could get changed we headed back out. Caught another 10 before we ran out of bait. Many thanks to dave and this site for sharing knowledge and helping us all be better fishermen  

Capt_Dave
Thu Jun 06, 2019 5:42 pm
How about some pics

Dave

Let\'s go kill something!
Carolina Beach Fishing Charters

Jump to: