mhc boat traffic - SaltwaterCentral.Com

tireman
Mon Jun 24, 2019 12:11 am
we were coming in to the port sat afternoon and I have never seen the boat traffic as heavy as it was. we headed to spooners creek and boats were just going every which way we had to stop 3 tlmes to keep from running into other boats. I know every body has got the same right to be on the water but damn it was ridiculous.some one must have had a hell of a party.

Noworries79
Mon Jun 24, 2019 2:03 am
The Cape and Shackleford were a zoo as well. It looked like 4th of July. Tide went out quick and half a dozen boats were high and dry. Crazy

Davis83
Mon Jun 24, 2019 11:14 pm
Yea, the no wake zone from bird shoal to the research centers was almost bow to prop before it split off. The ramp at Towne Creek was stacked up - course partly due to disabled boats blocking 1/2 the lanes.  

Wes
Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:53 am
I was coming in from a dive on Saturday 6/15 out of Lockwood Folly. As we were idling through the no wake zone at the Holden Beach bridge I told my crew that I had never seen that many boats on the ICW. There were more boats than I'm use to seeing at 4th of July. That was Jolly Mon weekend but these were pontoons and skiffs. I can also say that over Memorial Day weekend there seemed to be more people than usual. What's going on?

MealOnReels
Tue Jun 25, 2019 10:42 am

tireman
Tue Jun 25, 2019 11:18 am
that is some sobering news , I personally think the earth reached its holding capacity many years ago.it cant keep up with us and you dont need the government to telll us that.

HOTJOB3
Wed Jun 26, 2019 1:30 am
The economy is real good and more people are going to the beach. More road traffic also. It should be a great year for beach area business.  

seayacharlie
Wed Jun 26, 2019 9:41 am
For the last several weeks we been stopping in at Bettys to eat, and watch the boats. Bettys is the start and
end of the No Wake Zone, but looking at the majority that do not obey it even with the orange Coast Guard boat
and Wildlife Officers in the area. One thing is for sure. The economy has to be great, with the great number of
boats, and new boats at that. I am not going to complain. I am glad to see it. I just pray they all stay safe Including
us as we join them while fishing. Charlie

Kato
Wed Jun 26, 2019 2:27 pm
Earth isn't even close to its "holding capacity". The entire population of the planet could live in the state of Montana living at a population density of Union City, NJ.

tireman
Wed Jun 26, 2019 3:04 pm
maybe if you stack them like sardines. Im not as worried about the crowds of boats but the damn fools that drive 30% of them.

paynefish
Wed Jun 26, 2019 8:35 pm
tireman wrote:
maybe if you stack them like sardines. Im not as worried about the crowds of boats but the damn fools that drive 30% of them.

Tireman, how do you like the Onslow Bay? I love the lines on those boats. I had a guy tell me he traded a 26' Regulator in on his and it never rode as good as the 27" Onslow Bay. Have you been pleased with yours?? Do they put Mercury engines on all of their products?

The Happy Place

Rustyone
Thu Jun 27, 2019 1:18 am
A boaters license should be required as part of the registration and insurance process. A knowledge and skills demonstration should be part of it. I am continually amazed that more people donít die from boating accidents given the high percentage of obviously clueless operators I see every time Iím on the water during the summer months.

If it wasnít for the limited number of skilled operators who avoid the accidents, there would be a lot more of them......

tireman
Thu Jun 27, 2019 11:25 am
paynefish I love the boat I came from a 22 sea pro cc so it was quite a step up in boat and ride. I have yet to find a similar boat that feels as rock solid as this boat is built . I have not ridden on many boats this size before so I really cant compare the ride against other boats but I have been caught in some rough seas and it chews it up well.we live bait fish alot in the fall and the live well system is off the charts we have baits at 3:00 in the afternoon that are fresh and lively it has improved our fishing. there is alot of room in the back for fishing live bait lines and bottom fishing is very stable even with the sharp deadrise.. they really prefere the mercury engines but you can get what ever you want installed I have been impressed with the verados quiet and smooth shifting.

Jump to: