Garmin 7610 shutting down - SaltwaterCentral.Com

Capt_Dave
Wed Aug 21, 2019 9:24 pm
I have a pair of Garmin 7610 screens. The other day one of them just shut off. Since then .....it will boot and then a few mins later shut down and will not start again for a while.

I bought a 8610 to replace it but geez......2 1/2 years on a unit that costs more than a LOT of cars I have owned over the years. I have a Northstar 951 built in the mid 80ís that still kicking.

Cheap ass junk if you ask me!

Dave

Let\'s go kill something!
Carolina Beach Fishing Charters

zigzag
Thu Aug 22, 2019 12:38 am
I agree!  

Curmudgeon
Thu Aug 22, 2019 2:31 am
I'll give you $200 for the carcass, plus shipping ... wtg   

surffishn
Thu Aug 22, 2019 3:14 am
Yikes I have one ! Haven't had any trouble yet. But only a year old. Did you contact Garmin support? Seems like it could be a easy fix.

Capt_Dave
Thu Aug 22, 2019 3:10 pm
Curmudgeon wrote:
I'll give you $200 for the carcass, plus shipping ... wtg

No but thanks for the offer

Let\'s go kill something!
Carolina Beach Fishing Charters

thebeav
Fri Aug 23, 2019 12:44 pm
Exact same issue with one of my Garmin 7212 units. 3 years old and useless. Just replaced both of them with Garmin 1242xsve  

Lunchmoney
Fri Aug 23, 2019 4:12 pm
Had a similar issue with a 741XS. Removed the inline fuse from the circuit and haven't had a problem since.  

BeeReel
Sun Aug 25, 2019 5:19 pm
Dangit I have one on my boat! Already have to send the unit back to Garmin because the glass is delaminating. Sucky part is, there is another issue - I run both a transom mount and thru-hull 'ducer. The temp is totally whacked out (reading ~20 degrees F currently) and I'm having problems with the conventional sonar at idle from the transom 'ducer and lose bottom lock on the thru-hull as soon as I'm up on plane. Some of these items could be the unit itself. But I have to send the unit back for the screen issue first - they repair the glass - and then diagnose the 'ducer problems. Which very well may require the unit to be sent back again. UGH

SOLD - Pearl Miner
2009 25 ft Carolina Classic
Volvo D4 300

werewolf0711
Mon Aug 26, 2019 11:38 pm
BeeReel wrote:
Dangit I have one on my boat! Already have to send the unit back to Garmin because the glass is delaminating. Sucky part is, there is another issue - I run both a transom mount and thru-hull 'ducer. The temp is totally whacked out (reading ~20 degrees F currently) and I'm having problems with the conventional sonar at idle from the transom 'ducer and lose bottom lock on the thru-hull as soon as I'm up on plane. Some of these items could be the unit itself. But I have to send the unit back for the screen issue first - they repair the glass - and then diagnose the 'ducer problems. Which very well may require the unit to be sent back again. UGH

Your transducer issue can also be in the transducers themselves. The bottom lock is typically inherent of mounting location and the water it has. Are both transuducers reading the same off temps or is one reading correct and one not?

As for the 7600 issue. It sucks but there are quite a few faulty unit in that line. I'm hoping the 8600 series has that worked out. I just put a 8612 in mine to replace a 4210 that was 8 years old without a single hiccup. The 8612 lost sonar on my first offshore trip when I tried switching from one ducer to the other and after about 15 mins it came back up and worked the whole time and hasn't gave an issue since, knock on wood!

Team Kraken
JB Custom Rods
Check US out on Facebook!
McAttacK Fishing Team

www.mcattackfishing.com

Jump to: