Flounder closure - SaltwaterCentral.Com

Goto page Previous  1, 2

cantgitright
Mon Sep 16, 2019 5:38 pm
Well I haven't posted any pics this year between fishing and working I been wide open. But since the flounder fishery is closed now due to what ever reason they come up with I have a lil more time on my hands and please know in advance I'm not trying to join the pissing match just stating a fact I have been fishing SE North Carolina with my dad since the 80s not sure about the rest of NC but we still catch em just like we did back then down here. Here are just a few trips from July and august.  

gshivar
Mon Sep 16, 2019 10:34 pm
spec trout time !!!  

rxheels
Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:50 pm
I hear ya Cantgitright . I’ve only been flounder fishing for the last 10 years in SE NC but this is the best year I’ve ever had. Kinda makes me scratch my head on the closure and the powers that be......  

Ratical
Tue Sep 17, 2019 2:46 pm
Some are not gonna like what i have to say, but until we stop dragging nets in the intercostal and on the beach we will be having this conversation for yrs to come. Even the commercial guys will tell ya its not what it use to be!!!  

cantgitright
Tue Sep 17, 2019 3:26 pm
I don't drag/set nets or gig so i have no dog in that fight and I have no problem with your opinion, Im just stating a fact as you can see by any of my post over the last few years since being on this site we haven't had any problems catching flounder like we always have here in SE NC...and again not trying to join the pissing match just telling you my experiences so carry on gentlemen...  

downeaster
Tue Sep 17, 2019 3:59 pm
Looks to me that most of the restrictions that have been added on both commercial and recs over the past 15 years are now starting to show good results. Its too bad the DMF is not aware of it though and still consider flounder on the verge of becoming extinct in NC waters.  

CW66
Tue Sep 17, 2019 8:16 pm
Oh, they are aware. They're just making sure that the Shrimp boats get plenty in their nets. That's who lines the administrations pockets.
\"Fine Girl\"
2015 Sportsman Masters 207 Bay

\"I play with Electricity!\"

cantgitright
Wed Sep 18, 2019 12:33 am
Yuup thats it, at the end of the day CW66 Thats all it boils down to. The proclamation reads you cant take flounder from the atlantic ocean by any means but "Trawl" and aint nobody pulling a trawl in the ocean for flounder but big business with the funds capable of greasing some ones palms. They made it clear you could not hook and line for flounder commercially for a reason...  

zigzag
Wed Sep 18, 2019 12:45 am
CW66 wrote:
Oh, they are aware. They're just making sure that the Shrimp boats get plenty in their nets. That's who lines the administrations pockets.

finally they have come out of the closet, guess it get's easier with the right man in the drivers seat for the state

jon
Wed Sep 18, 2019 3:06 pm
“CCA NC supports the scientific findings of the DMF Plan Development Team and their efforts to end overfishing in two years and recover the stock from an overfished state within a 10-year period. This is a recognition that those of us who fish for sport can no longer simply be focused on our daily bag limit”

https://ccanc.org/mfcpolicyissues/

jon
Wed Sep 18, 2019 3:09 pm
Gamefish for recs and catch shares for commercial... CCA’s end game.  

Matador
Thu Sep 19, 2019 2:00 am
I remember when CCA supported Catch Shares. Got caught with their hand in the Catch Shares cookie jar. Then they found out they wouldn’t be getting their slice of the pie then the back peddling began. Just another fraud group operating in the name of conservation for their own interests while using other people’s money. Sound familiar?

You can lead a horse to water but you cant make him THINK.

mrjaco
Thu Oct 03, 2019 4:41 am
I agree with bperry.

-----------------------
Ladiesshop make for all size and models waterproof washing machine cover.

Jump to: