ACR. PLB. Battery - SaltwaterCentral.Com
Adam B. Meyer, Esq. Maritime Insurance International 843.606.5270 Office &#\1; 910.202.4308 Direct adam@maritimeii.com &#\1; maritimeii.com

surffishn
Wed Feb 19, 2020 12:35 am
I just noticed batteries expire on my ACR 350 PLB. Is there a place that dose this. I read it is $150. To replace. I'm thinking just buy a epirb with a fresh 10 year battery. $439. Is the epirb the better option?

KatfishKayak
Wed Feb 19, 2020 6:15 am
There are a ton of discussions about this online, but in general, if you're operating well offshore, the EPIRB is your best bet due to the fact that it's registered to your boat (they know who you are, what to look for, and who to contact). The battery life is also much longer on the EPIRB, and the EPIRB is designed to float.

The PLB is fine for nearshore and inshore, and has the benefit that you can use it ashore as well. I carried one when I used to do a lot of solo backcountry hunting out west.

As far as replacing the PLB battery, that's a good question. My (very) old one has to be sent back to the factory for replacement, but I wonder if the Battery + type stores can do the work now.
Canyon Wren - Parker 2320 SC - 300hp Yamaha

fishing-misfit
Thu Feb 20, 2020 7:22 am
Don't know if they replace the batteries but I would check with the GPS Store at Ocean Isle, that's where I go for all electronic needs and customer service is great. If they don't change the batteries, they can lead you in the right direction.

Jump to: