The legendary squid rig... - SaltwaterCentral.Com

Saltypleasure
Wed Jan 16, 2019 8:28 pm
After the passing of a fellow member of SWC last year, (seapro180) His wife was finally ready to let go of his fishing gear. I met him on here a couple years ago and became good friends with him and his family. Several years ago, he was injured in a car accident that nearly killed him. From then on, he struggled with reality in what was real and what was in his head. The guy really knew his s*&t though. Looking past being messed up in the head, he always went out of his way to help anyone. I remember him boarding my boat in the stream and filling our boxes up with fish in a matter of hours after we fished most of the day without a single bite. I told his wife that when she got ready to let go of his things, that I would like for her to contact me first. Over the weekend, I got said call. Along with most of his fishing gear, log books, numbers, etc. I also got his gopros and had his wife download all of his fishing videos off his laptop on to a CD for me. One of those videos I just came across was the legendary seapro squid rig that put ALOT of fish in our boat as well as other members who tried it when ballyhoo just wasn't doing it. When it first came about I remember great interest in it in how to do it. That being said, I am not the most computer savvy person out there so if there is any interest in anyone wanting to see the video of how to make this rig, I'll try to figure out how to put it on here. What might seem easy to some when it comes to computers is like an act of Congress to me so if there is not much interest I won't worry about trying to figure it out.

Tight lines!

Titan
Wed Jan 16, 2019 8:38 pm
Ha this must be a joke, Seapro180 is the guy that came on here with all the fake fishing reports and the fake deer report. Have not seen him post since then and now all of a sudden a guy going by the name of Saltypleasure is saying that he is dead. Ha nice try.  

Titan
Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:08 pm
Ha this must be a joke, Seapro180 is the guy that came on here with all the fake fishing reports and the fake deer report. Have not seen him post since then and now all of a sudden a guy going by the name of Saltypleasure is saying that he is dead. Ha nice try.  

tireman
Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:48 pm
we used his squid rigging video and caught the hell out of the summer dolphin every trip. whoever came up with it I salute them.

woodygo
Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:15 am
tireman wrote:
we used his squid rigging video and caught the hell out of the summer dolphin every trip. whoever came up with it I salute them.

Me too. They outfished ballyhoo 2-1 for us last summer especially when we were in the grass. But in all fairness we were running more of them in our spread.

Titan
Thu Jan 17, 2019 1:04 am
Not saying they donít work, I just find it weird that some guy is on here saying the other guy died when itís actually the same person, he just changed his name because seapro180 was exposed as a lying piece of crap for putting all those fake reports on here. Now he is at it again. Faking his own death. 🤦‍♂️ With that being said I will be trying the squid rig this year.  

chumbucket
Thu Jan 17, 2019 2:10 am
So sorry to hear he passed. SeaPro posted a video on his squid rigging last spring
http://saltwatercentral.com/ftopict-56144-.html

You might not need to upload video unless it is different than above clip
Onslow Bay 27

https://www.facebook.com/chum.bucket.90857

CW66
Thu Jan 17, 2019 2:35 am
The snag happened in June of 2018 and this guy joined Oct 2017, so he would've had to plan this one a head if same guy.
\"Fine Girl\"
2015 Sportsman Masters 207 Bay

\"I play with Electricity!\"

Captdug
Thu Jan 17, 2019 2:38 am
Would love to see the video, I don't care who posted it but always looking to learn new tricks  

Titan
Thu Jan 17, 2019 4:36 am
CW66 wrote:
The snag happened in June of 2018 and this guy joined Oct 2017, so he would've had to plan this one a head if same guy.

True.

kicker30
Thu Jan 17, 2019 7:56 am
CW66 wrote:

And Iím pretty sure I remember reading the fishing report posted on here a while back of the trip referenced by the op where seapro got on his boat while offshore and helped them catch fish. Pretty sure itís a different person.

kicker30
Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:01 am
Sorry to hear of the passing of a friend. If you do t mind me asking, what happened, I donít think he was very old was he?  

pelagicsplease
Thu Jan 17, 2019 2:07 pm
When I click on the YouTube link it says video unavailable. Would really like to see it.  

AboutTime2Fish
Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:29 pm
pelagicsplease wrote:
When I click on the YouTube link it says video unavailable. Would really like to see it.

^^ same

Capt.Barbosa
Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:15 pm
It is not rocket science. Very simple to make.

Make small hole in tip of mantle, use rubber band to hold weight at correct length. Use 3/8 to 2 oz egg sinker above rubber band. use whatever hook you want. The bend in the hook should be about at the squid eye balls. Adjust your rubber band for this length. Then just feed end of leader through mantle tip until the weight hits. Then just put hook through eye balls, tip of hook should be covered by mantle to help keep it weedless.

Or hell just go on youtube and search how to rig a squid for trolling. Multiple videos on there just like the one seapro did.

flatbottom
Fri Jan 18, 2019 3:20 am
Titan wrote:

Nothing comes up in an Obituary search in NC.
www.facebook.com/redbuoyinvestments

flatbottom
Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:01 am
Titan wrote:

Nothing comes up in an Obituary search in NC.
www.facebook.com/redbuoyinvestments

Skipjack44
Fri Jan 18, 2019 1:48 pm
I remember people saying they had success with it... id love to see the video if you could post it!  

Mrquint
Sun Jan 20, 2019 10:07 pm
Curious Saltypleasure, I see no responses since post...what's your take on this? Are you Seapro doing what he does or are you legit?

fishangel
Sun Jan 20, 2019 10:33 pm
Mrquint wrote:
Curious Saltypleasure, I see no responses since post...what's your take on this? Are you Seapro doing what he does or are you legit?

His silence and the unusual similarity of his other posts to those of Seapro , pretty much answered that question for me! Good observation Titan!

Titan
Sun Jan 20, 2019 11:10 pm
Just seemed weird on his earlier post about seapro boarding some random guys boat out in the stream and helping him catch fish. How many times have you been out fishing offshore and let some total stranger hop on your boat and fish with you. I guess he let his boat float away while he was on ďsalty PleasuresĒ Boat. Oh and by the Way I was not going to comment on this anymore but ďDead men donít get speeding tickets. Currently Nicholas Wayne Davis has a pending court date for a speeding ticket he received in Forsyth County. Right around the area he lives.

http://www1.aoc.state.nc.us/www/calendars. Offense.do?submit=submit&case=3302018732197&court=CR&prev=CRI

Besides that just read his post about talking to the wife to get the video footage. Unbelievable. Besides making up the story about him getting in an accident and impairing his judgement he should have just admitted to be full of s*&t and it would have been done and over with. Now on top of all the recent spammers that have invaded SWC, Nick Davis is back on with his BS again. Who knows how may profiles he has. For all you know I could be him as well. Lol

Kato
Mon Jan 21, 2019 2:04 pm
This video is pretty similar to the one SeaPro posted awhile back.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PvNCv8vhfYQ

DOGKILLR
Wed Jan 23, 2019 1:23 pm
Peg the sinker with a toothpick like the bass guys works good too and you can slide a boone skirt easily on top if you make your leader loop small enough. Makes it easy to change skirt colors. I'm going to buy some cheap chugger heads and drill out the leader hole so I can use those too.
As for the first post, dunno, but seems sorta fishy to me.

Jump to: